DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 7, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #2,146 of 22,021
  A Chinese poster said something about touch screen insensitivity problem. Do you experience the same problem? 

What I don't like the most from Chinese made DAP is most of the time they are half baked, partially functioning. We have to wait for several months before they become stable. At that time, a next generation DAP is about to release. I hope this will not happen to DX200 and I want to enjoy all functions from the first day I purchase it.

Majority of DAPs are Chinese or Korean made, and it's expected to have fw hiccups during initial release, corrected after the user feedback.  Any manufacturer can test so much before they feel it's ready for a prime time.  The most important thing is to have a stable hw to avoid costly recalls.  That is a reason most of these DAPs are released first in China mainland to make sure hw is OK, and then within a month worldwide.  I never seen an initial DAP release with a stable fw which never gets updated
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #2,147 of 22,021
Ibasso is super well established, i think I've had pretty much all their daps so far, my main gripe was super slow card scanning,it seems this is fine now.
Mim impressions are great, it worries me that dryish sq.. Maybe i get 1a instead.. Hmm

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #2,151 of 22,021
Mimouille, I guess its good to listen on option 1 or 2, linear phase filter and slow roll off....its the filter on GOV2+(FRM-linear phase filter) which gives it the best sound....more analog and more mojo like. I guess if you want to use slow roll, it can also sound a bit less digital. The other one TCM(minimum phase filter with no pre-ringing), which is like the default one, sounds too digital and dry. 

I guess you have been listening on #1 a lot......to think that it is still analytical and cold.....sounds like typical sabre sound. :frowning2: For me Sony it is ><.

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #2,152 of 22,021
Mimouille, I guess its good to listen on option 1 or 2, linear phase filter and slow roll off....its the filter on GOV2+(FRM-[COLOR=AEC3DA]linear phase filter[/COLOR]) which gives it the best sound....more analog and more mojo like. I guess if you want to use slow roll, it can also sound a bit less digital. The other one TCM([COLOR=AEC3DA]minimum phase filter with no pre-ringing)[/COLOR], which is like the default one, sounds too digital and dry. 

I guess you have been listening on #1 a lot......to think that it is still analytical and cold.....sounds like typical sabre sound. :frowning2: For me Sony it is ><.
Thanks for the recommendation. No actually be reassured I have done all the testing on default. Now I will test with your recommendation. Do you know what apodizing is supposed to be?

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #2,153 of 22,021
dx200 looks goods so far, but I am still goin to wait maybe six or twelve months to get one. And see what else release in 2017.

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #2,154 of 22,021
dx200 looks goods so far, but I am still goin to wait maybe six or twelve months to get one. And see what else release in 2017.
So by 2018 you will buy a dap?

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #2,155 of 22,021
Maybe a 2016 model...? lol

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #2,157 of 22,021
Mimouille
, i know you dont have a lot of hours with the new dx200 but From your experience with other high end Daps, is DX200 able to rival top of daps like QP1R, AK 380, Sony WM1Z even at his price point?
What I think about it is in my too feedbacks so far. I didn't say more because I am not sure at this stage.

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #2,158 of 22,021
Mimouille
, i know you dont have a lot of hours with the new dx200 but From your experience with other high end Daps, is DX200 able to rival top of daps like QP1R, AK 380, Sony WM1Z even at his price point?

I believe he said that it would by using different Amp, filter...etc. At this point, the big advantage from Walkman is the long play back hours

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #2,159 of 22,021
What I think about it is in my too feedbacks so far. I didn't say more because I am not sure at this stage.

I see you've spoken quite positively about the airiness and soundstage compared to PAW Gold and Sony's new Walkman.

Would you like to share a few more words about that?

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #2,160 of 22,021
The DX200 is still too new to compare with the LPG and WM1Z.
The sound sig are still improving for more time of burning. (been using mine for 4 days, though my burning time is around 3x hours)
Please give the device some time to have a fair comparison with those TOTL daps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back