Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Mar 18, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #736 of 3,012
Have you tried Zero Audio Duoza or Tenore?

The Duoza is not as good. Bass definition is lesser and looser. Mids are more forward, but doesn't seem to be an improvement over the Titan.

The Tenore is what it is --- really great for the price. But it doesn't compare to the Titan 1 for detail retrieval.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #737 of 3,012
From: http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/reviews/dunu-titan-1-expert-review/
 Sound Conclusions The TITAN 1 have weight and authority but also enough bright power to sound refreshing and airy. Imaging better than more expensive earphones, they could still have a darker background and better detail retrieval but the combination of the Titanium driver and the completely individual venting system seems to be performing a minor sonic miracle. This venting is the subject of much discussion online, some believe the sound escaping here is vibrating the surface of the outer ear mirroring the way the ear receives normal room sound. The superb EQ and natural yet fun presentation prevents you from noticing the finer shortcomings. Sound-wise they conjure an exciting, easy going and vibrant presentation which is hard to criticise. 

Conclusion The TITAN 1 are shockingly good for their price. They’re a superb example of how far medium priced headphones can be pushed by an innovative manufacturer with big ideas. Although they don’t scale the heady heights of today’s crop of high end IEMs, they more than hold their own in the under £100 category. With their good looks, a beautifully implemented Titanium driver and totally individual take on venting, the TITAN 1 finds a natural, exciting and fluid sound which may make them the very best buy for anyone shopping at this price point. 

beerchug.gif

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #738 of 3,012
Mar 19, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #739 of 3,012
Right on Wayne, the Titans went to the gym with me today and I really didn't miss my top CIEM's. Great sound, not just for the price, truly great sound. Yes against my best,?the clarity and details are lacking, they're not as resolving, but they are fun little rock n rollers!

The titans are great at the gym. Actually, for me they are great everywhere. Which is precisely why I am never going to listen to any ciem's like the alclair rsm quad's lol! In fact, now when someone mentions alckair rsm quads, all I hear is "Blah blah blah Ginger!"

far-side-cartoon-blah-blah-ginger.jpg

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #740 of 3,012
Titans in the house! ! ! Thanks to a handily timed birthday of mine and a generous wife

Initial impressions are very nice, love the build, love the accessories, I actually love the packaging too :)

Love these little things, really comfortable in ear (everyone was so right), the cable is super nice, cable wrap a ingenious touch and boy, that little case is everything I hoped for.

As for the sound sig, still getting my head around it but good first impressions. Isolation both in and out is better than my q701's which places them in the more than acceptable category... :)

I will return to give more later but I am listening to the cricket now so the detail is really coming out on the am radio...

Thanks toH20Fidelity for recommending the gr07 based on my preferences, but given the option between the two my wife chose differently and I am not sad at all... Hehe

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #741 of 3,012
Titans in the house! ! ! Thanks to a handily timed birthday of mine and a generous wife

Initial impressions are very nice, love the build, love the accessories, I actually love the packaging too :)

Love these little things, really comfortable in ear (everyone was so right), the cable is super nice, cable wrap a ingenious touch and boy, that little case is everything I hoped for.

As for the sound sig, still getting my head around it but good first impressions. Isolation both in and out is better than my q701's which places them in the more than acceptable category... :)

I will return to give more later but I am listening to the cricket now so the detail is really coming out on the am radio...

Thanks toH20Fidelity for recommending the gr07 based on my preferences, but given the option between the two my wife chose differently and I am not sad at all... Hehe

Congrats to you and your wise wife!

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #742 of 3,012

Thanks to@H20Fidelity for recommending the gr07 based on my preferences, but given the option between the two my wife chose differently and I am not sad at all... Hehe

You wife has good taste! I'm loving my Titans here!

Mar 20, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #743 of 3,012
I'm looking into getting some portables, and the Titan certainly looks intriguing and held in high regard.

My one concern is the brightness.  As it stands, (if anyone has a point of reference for this) I find my AKG K712 a bit straining from the mid-treble bump.  Would the Titans affect me similarly?

Mar 20, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #744 of 3,012
I'm looking into getting some portables, and the Titan certainly looks intriguing and held in high regard.

My one concern is the brightness.  As it stands, (if anyone has a point of reference for this) I find my AKG K712 a bit straining from the mid-treble bump.  Would the Titans affect me similarly?

They're crisp, clean, slightly bright yes. I don't think we've had anyone find them 'too bright' yet. If you bail out on Titan then GR07 Classic will fit you well. (I'm the one posted in your thread)

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #745 of 3,012
Sorry - haven't had the chance to try either. Try "the Lab" thread. There are guys there who have hear all of them I believe. The earphones I've had experience with are all in my profile.

Thanks.  I have the Tenore, but not the Duoza.  You seem knowledgeable about IEMs so I was curious if you'd heard them and about your opinion.

Mar 20, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #746 of 3,012
They're crisp, clean, slightly bright yes. I don't think we've had anyone find them 'too bright' yet. If you bail out on Titan then GR07 Classic will fit you well. (I'm the one posted in your thread)

I had the gr07be's for a few months, and I found the highs to sometimes too sibilant for me. But take that with a grain of salt because I'm not sure if I ever found the right fit and that might have been the main problem for me.

Anyway, I was concerned that the Titan's highs would be too bright for me, but I've been very pleasantly surprised at how much I like them. As H20 said, they are "crisp, clean, slightly bright", and also "detailed and extended". But they have never seemed harsh or sibilant to me. 

Mar 20, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #747 of 3,012
They're here... giggity.

Whomever it was that recommended these (wanted something spacial) was spot on. They're spacey alright. Bit bright right now, but this is the first 20 minutes listening. Bass I don't see as an issue. There is a slight v, but I would say that is contributing some to the spacial presentation. I still have the eq set for a touch more low end (love my bass, leave it be) but have zero need to add to the treble, usually I add just a touch.

Will let them burn overnight, kinda interested in the comply tips, but don't want to spend anything. Perhaps a bit later on.

So far so good. I've gotten exactly what I wanted for some portables.

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #748 of 3,012
They're here... giggity.

Whomever it was that recommended these (wanted something spacial) was spot on. They're spacey alright. Bit bright right now, but this is the first 20 minutes listening. Bass I don't see as an issue. There is a slight v, but I would say that is contributing some to the spacial presentation. I still have the eq set for a touch more low end (love my bass, leave it be) but have zero need to add to the treble, usually I add just a touch.

Will let them burn overnight, kinda interested in the comply tips, but don't want to spend anything. Perhaps a bit later on.

So far so good. I've gotten exactly what I wanted for some portables.

I was initially somewhat disappointed with what I considered to be overly bright treble, but as stated by the Dunu folks, things changed considerably over the first 200 hours of use, much to my surprise. The SQ can also be changed noticeably with tip changes. Now, I find the sound to be very nicely balanced and the Titan has become one of my favorite casual-use phones as they are so comfortable to wear that I soon forget I have them in my ear.

Patience, patience!! :wink:

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #749 of 3,012

I had the gr07be's for a few months, and I found the highs to sometimes too sibilant for me. But take that with a grain of salt because I'm not sure if I ever found the right fit and that might have been the main problem for me.

Anyway, I was concerned that the Titan's highs would be too bright for me, but I've been very pleasantly surprised at how much I like them. As H20 said, they are "crisp, clean, slightly bright", and also "detailed and extended". But they have never seemed harsh or sibilant to me. 

I'm looking into a picking up a pair of the Titan's and the GR06's in a "Why not both?" moment, and I'm seeing it wouldn't be delivered until early may?  Is that right?  Are there no local dealers?

Edit to add: Also, while I'm on the hunt for a Fiio X1, I don't have any mobile amps, and I would be on the go with these.  Will they play out of any old dap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back