DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution?
Jun 7, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #601 of 2,123
Anyone with spinfits or spiral dot tips can give me a impression with them on:confounded: plz and thank you :blush:

Not much difference really.
tongue.gif
 Spinfit tips made the stage a bit smaller, more center channel focus.

Spiral Dots seemed to make the overall presentation warmer.

Neither really took my fancy. I like using T-Peos H-300 tips atm, that bullet kind of shape..

Jun 7, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #602 of 2,123
I just wanna thank you all for the reviews and useful information in this thread. They have convinced me the purchase without having a chance to try the DN2000J. Although I only try listening to DN1000 and DN2000 (briefly), I really like the quality and sound signature of them. So I would like to believe I made the right decision.
Moreover, e earphone shop at Akihabara Japan just start selling these this week at 36,000 yen (only over the counter sale, online order will be 39,800yen). So, it's only about $281 for those who is in Japan. :)

Jun 7, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #603 of 2,123

I'm not sure if you're making a joke or not, but I'll answer seriously anyway.

"Hair cells" of the ears are not hairs. They're polarized cells that contain stereocilia which help convert mechanical energy of the fluid in the inner ear (the energy comes from the conversion of sound waves) into a directed flow of potassium ions across the hair cell. The flow of ions is what ends up becoming the neural signal your brain will process as sound. Constant stimulation of these hair cells (too much ionic flow) will cause them to "tire out" (ionic imbalance), and may cause them to die. These hair cells are grouped by frequency, and if there is a loss of a significant amount of them, the neural ganglia upstream of your auditory nerve will have problems summing the complex signal that is your hearing, and your brain will attempt to "fill in" the partial signal with the sound you hear as tinnitus. That's usually how long-term tinnitus happens, or at least as simple an explanation as I can try to make it at this point.

Damn and I thought my hearing was getting better with age. I'm growing lots more hair on my ears.

Jun 7, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #605 of 2,123

I'm not sure if you're making a joke or not, but I'll answer seriously anyway.

"
Hair cells" of the ears are not hairs. They're polarized cells that contain stereocilia which help convert mechanical energy of the fluid in the inner ear (the energy comes from the conversion of sound waves) into a directed flow of potassium ions across the hair cell. The flow of ions is what ends up becoming the neural signal your brain will process as sound. Constant stimulation of these hair cells (too much ionic flow) will cause them to "tire out" (ionic imbalance), and may cause them to die. These hair cells are grouped by frequency, and if there is a loss of a significant amount of them, the neural ganglia upstream of your auditory nerve will have problems summing the complex signal that is your hearing, and your brain will attempt to "fill in" the partial signal with the sound you hear as tinnitus. That's usually how long-term tinnitus happens, or at least as simple an explanation as I can try to make it at this point.

Thanks. I get mild tinnitus in my left ear occasionally. Must limit the "constant stimulation" methinks while I can!

Jun 7, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #606 of 2,123
2000's and 1000's arrived today - so I have the trio.

I'll try and get comparisons up in the next 24-48 hours.

Jun 8, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #611 of 2,123
Thanks to Tom for making me aware of these and thanks for the Penon Audio Link!

I've already ordered a pair and am very much looking forward to comparing it to my K3003. However, this will take some time, as I'm currently on vacation.

Well, I'm back from my vacation, and coincidentally the 2000J from Penon Audio arrived at my doorstep.

Haven't had much time to try them, maybe an hour or so. Spent half of that A/Bing to the K3003 (both with silicone tips), so these are just very early impressions:

1. Design / housing is very similar to the K3003, and I can fit both comfortably without problems.
  2. Nozzles are similar and tips are interchangeable. I prefer the slightly more bulbous K3003 tips on both IEMs.
  3. DN2000J have a tad less mid/upper bass, which results in a cooler midrange.
  4. DN2000J have a tad more upper mids / highs, which sound slightly less refined and somewhat harsh in comparison to the K3003's.
  5. Due to slghtly less bass and more highs, the DN2000J's overall balance is slghtly tipped towards brightness in comparison.
  6. The DN2000J sound clearer and more agressively analytical, but also thinner and more fatiguing.
  7. The slightly warmer and smoother tuning makes the K3003 noticeably easier to listen to for me (particularly with classical music).
  8. Initial listening has been done at low to medium volume with mostly jazz, classical and acoustic stuff.

tbc...

Jun 8, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #613 of 2,123

Well, I'm back from my vacation, and coincidentally the 2000J from Penon Audio arrived at my doorstep.

Haven't had much time to try them, maybe an hour or so. Spent half of that A/Bing to the K3003 (both with silicone tips), so these are just very early impressions:

1. Design / housing is very similar to the K3003, and I can fit both comfortably without problems.
  2. Nozzles are similar and tips are interchangeable. I prefer the slightly more bulbous K3003 tips on both IEMs.
  4. DN2000J have a tad more upper mids / highs, which sound slightly less refined and somewhat harsh in comparison to the K3003's.
  5. Due to slghtly less bass and more highs, the DN2000J's overall balance is slghtly tipped towards brightness in comparison.
  6. The DN2000J sound clearer and more agressively analytical, but also thinner and more fatiguing.
  7. The slightly warmer and smoother tuning makes the K3003 noticeably easier to listen to for me (particularly with classical music).
  8. Initial listening has been done at low to medium volume with mostly jazz, classical and acoustic stuff.

tbc...

Sounds pretty darn good for the money. More aggressive/cooler than K3K is pretty meh tho. Methinks SGS will be reselling lol. Glad I didn't hop on. 

Jun 8, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #614 of 2,123

tbc...

Don't forget to play with the different metal tuning rings also.  They might help.
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back