Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
Jun 4, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #586 of 1,320
  Your music and sound preference seem to be exactly in line with mine. I've not tried DT's greatest hits though.. gonna check that out.

Have the Noble's ended your journey btw? Just curious.

Well in terms of all-BA neutral sound signature, yes.
I'm still looking for the best hybrid sound that's at least 1/3 the price of the 1Plus2... The Dunu DN2000 is pretty close!
Also in search for a really good dynamic driver that'll suit my sound preference. Kinda tempted with the JVC FX850 but don't have the funds just yet.

Then afterwards, I'll start my journey with full-sized headphones...

Jun 4, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #587 of 1,320
  I have quite a strange relationship with DN-2000, one minute feeling they edge out on my $650 RDB Mini hybrid, then an hour later (different session) magic isn't the same.

Just not feeling consistency, however I think Its user fault rather than the earphone. 

Will I buy one? Well, I've said yes/no a few times, a final answer cannot be summoned. 

My thoughts exactly. Some tracks just sound painfully harsh, and at other times near perfect.

I know exactly what you mean.
In my experience, it depends on the track on how it was mixed/mastered.
Most of the time it is excellent... then all of the sudden, it sounds flat on a certain track.

Sometimes a certain range of cymbal treble is almost ear piercing, otherwise ruining near transparency. The micro detail is there.

Very tough cookies to get right, but when you do they just rock.

Jun 4, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #588 of 1,320
So many impressions... Thanks guys
beerchug.gif
pls keep posting.
Because I am still saving my funds and haven't pulled the trigger yet I came across the Westone W40. Did anyone who has the DN-2000, listened to the Westone W40? I am curious how they compare. I know it's Hybrid vs. 4 Driver Balanced Amature but I am looking for an IEM under $500 with beautiful lush mids (very important!) on the one hand and also great clarity, well extended but non fatiguing treble on the other, with a decent amount of bass (but not too much).
I guess both DUNU DN-2000 and Westone W40 could fit the bill. I ruled out the Noble 4 because it seem a little bit too bass-light though I am no basshead.   

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #589 of 1,320

The thing with the Dunu DN1000/2000 is that they are very transparent...
If the track isn't mixed top notch, they will definitely reveal or worse accentuate the flaws in the track.

Try listening to Daft Punk's Random Access Memories, Dream Theater's Greatest Hits, Tina Turner's Greatest Hits, and Avicii's True albums and they will prove how great the Dunu's are when the mastering of the album is awesome.

Totally agree with the last set of posts. Some tracks sound amazing others fall flat. I had the same experience with Avicii's True a few weeks ago, simply euphoric.

FYI after all this time I've settled on Comply tips with no spacers.

Jun 5, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #590 of 1,320

Totally agree with the last set of posts. Some tracks sound amazing others fall flat. I had the same experience with Avicii's True a few weeks ago, simply euphoric.

FYI after all this time I've settled on Comply tips with no spacers.

Do agree these iems have restored my faith in earphones though I love the transparency detail and even the mid range can sound beautiful sub bass is great...... But i'm just left wondering is there any other iems or customs that portray this type of sound with an added bit o fullness and more holographic imagery ?? Please tell me as that might just be my perfect iem if one even exists ! 

Jun 5, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #592 of 1,320
   Do agree these iems have restored my faith in earphones though I love the transparency detail and even the mid range can sound beautiful sub bass is great...... But i'm just left wondering is there any other iems or customs that portray this type of sound with an added bit o fullness and more holographic imagery ?? Please tell me as that might just be my perfect iem if one even exists ! 

It could be out there.......got $1200 burning a hole in your pocket?!?    
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 5, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #593 of 1,320
Read a few posts but not the whole thing, just wondering if someone can compare these to the vsonic gr-07 BE? Is the DN-2000 worth the extra +$150?
Thanks

Jun 5, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #594 of 1,320
I have never read a single post on here, but I do know that the DN2000 are rated rather highly.

Hence, it is only my responsibility to give a heads up: LMUE has begun selling the DN2000, and it currently goes at a special price of $356 SGD. That's around $275 SGD, which I suppose is a great price for this.

LMUE really does have really good pricing, can't recommend them highly enough. I'm from Singapore and I'm so happy that they have all the best bang-for-buck stuff at the lowest of prices. But I hate them because I think I'm going to succumb once again and get the DN2000 eventually.

Jun 5, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #595 of 1,320

Maybe Inear Stage Diver 2? That's only from reviews but should be fairly neutral with clarity but also fulness. Would be interesting how these compare to the Dunu.
Also thought of the westone w40 but in the meantime I concluded that the DN2000 should be better sonically, at least for my preference.

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #596 of 1,320

I have heard both Tralucent 1Plus2 and UM Mentor. They sound like the ones you're looking for but they are also 4x the price.

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #597 of 1,320
Wow thank you guys for all the responses I feel so loved lol seriously appreciate it I'm quite interested in the mentors, 1plus2 and the Westone w60 I'll be getting some impressions on the W60 next week all being well :).

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #598 of 1,320
Read a few posts but not the whole thing, just wondering if someone can compare these to the vsonic gr-07 BE? Is the DN-2000 worth the extra +$150?
Thanks

Well it depends on what you call worth it do the dunu do things better then yes but if moneys tight you might not be willing to call them worth it. Just from memory the gr 07 be are more mid centric but also sound more congested bass is a touch lighter on the dunu's but with better texture. It's worth mentioning for detail, instrument separation and transparency the dunu's are a noticeable step up IMO. Hope this helps

Jun 5, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #599 of 1,320
Well it depends on what you call worth it do the dunu do things better then yes but if moneys tight you might not be willing to call them worth it. Just from memory the gr 07 be are more mid centric but also sound more congested bass is a touch lighter on the dunu's but with better texture. It's worth mentioning for detail, instrument separation and transparency the dunu's are a noticeable step up IMO. Hope this helps

Indeed helps

Thank you

Jun 6, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #600 of 1,320
Hi all,
i must choice an new IEM about 300$.
I listen many musical genres for ex: 30 seconds to mars, apparat. digitalism, b.o.b, tinie tempah, eminem, bruno mars, blink 182, bon jovi, chevelle, coldplay, deadmau5, david guetta, evanescence, fall out boy, foo fighters, green day, incubus, interpol, justice, katy perry, rihanna, korn, linkin park, massive attack, metallica, muse, ne yo, nickelback, one republic, phoenix, radiohead, placebo, skrillex, sigur ros, the killers, ecc ecc. Therefore from rock, metal to pop, hip hop, indie, ecc.
I want a IEM good for many musical genres. Good bass when serve but good spaces (boards), mid end high when i listen the sigur ros for ex. 
I listen flac 24/96

I buy dn 1000 or dn 2000??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back