Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
May 31, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #541 of 1,320
Got mine in today, using blue spacers + comply foam tips

Double Flange tips fell off in my ear, couldn't get a seal with the clear tips, and the darker tips are okay, but make the sound a bit harsh and sibilant

Was using red spacers + foam on my DN-1000s

I do like the sound, but I have to get used to non-custom IEMs again it seems, they irritate my ears a lot :frowning2:

Jun 1, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #543 of 1,320
  The sound actually is harsh with the dark tips. Not happy with that.

I also realized that all the spacers are doing is adjusting tip base position. This can be done without spacers.

Tips themselves provide the biggest changes. Any more tip suggestions? Still haven't found a good one.

I like anything large bored mate, as that will give you thicker bass texture, bigger soundstage, and the perfect warmth for me

Jun 1, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #544 of 1,320
  The sound actually is harsh with the dark tips. Not happy with that.

I also realized that all the spacers are doing is adjusting tip base position. This can be done without spacers.

Tips themselves provide the biggest changes. Any more tip suggestions? Still haven't found a good one.

There was some talk before that the JVC tips worked well look back maybe around page 12?
Good luck
beerchug.gif

Jun 1, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #547 of 1,320
Dn2000+ dx90 = naturalness audio nirvana :smile::heart_eyes::triumph::scream::astonished::dizzy_face:

So you sold some of you gears to fund for the dx90? I thought you were happy with the x5

Jun 2, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #549 of 1,320
I've had exactly Dunu DN-2000 + iBasso dx90  and it was the most boring, lifeless sound, which made any song sound like it is a background when I like energy and when song involves me and let me feel it. I've sold both Dunu DN-2000 and ibasso dx90, IMHO both does not worth it's price. I have ordered Fiio x5 and IHIFI 770 for now, did not receive any of these for now so I can't comment on them, let's just wait and see.

Jun 2, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #550 of 1,320
Dn2000+ dx90 = naturalness audio nirvana :smile::heart_eyes::triumph::scream::astonished::dizzy_face:

Quote:
  I've had exactly Dunu DN-2000 + iBasso dx90  and it was the most boring, lifeless sound, which made any song sound like it is a background when I like energy and when song involves me and let me feel it. I've sold both Dunu DN-2000 and ibasso dx90, IMHO both does not worth it's price. I have ordered Fiio x5 and IHIFI 770 for now, did not receive any of these for now so I can't comment on them, let's just wait and see.

These are classic examples of why I always caveat my listening impressions as being my opinion only.  Everybody hears thing differently and has differing tastes in sound.  Neither of these folks are wrong for themselves and my impressions  of the DUNU DN-2000+DX90 combo do differ.

Ain't Head-Fi great!?!
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jun 2, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #551 of 1,320

I am curious to ask, which earphones has really done justice in justifying your buy so far?

Jun 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #552 of 1,320
Well, earphones which I liked most of all were UE Triple fi 10 I guess. Also I really enjoyed Earsonics SM3 v2 for their soundstage(sound sig was a bit boring to me still). For now I've bought JVC HA-FX850 and I hope that i enjoy them. However, the best sound I've heard so far are modded Sony MDR-MA900. I just don't have a better equipment so I guess it is so. Also I've recentrly tried ATH-IM70 which I really liked with ibasso dx50. Also I have OSTRY KC06 which I am pretty neutral about. Moreover I think that my negative experience about DUNU was not the headphones but the ibasso dx90, which is pretty lifeless. However, I actually did not notice a huge difference betweet my phone and my ibasso dx90 using DUNU 2k, it was like ~15 %.

I feel sorry about Triple fi 10, I don't really think that there could be a direct upgrade from them in an adequate cost. More of a sidegrade I guess or the amount of money spent is too much and does not worth it. If I only knew, I would have bought 5 pairs of Triple fi 10 when they were 99 dollars on black friday for my whole life. Paying 300 for them is too much for me because I still hope that I can find another option.

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #553 of 1,320
  Well, earphones which I liked most of all were UE Triple fi 10 I guess. Also I really enjoyed Earsonics SM3 v2 for their soundstage(sound sig was a bit boring to me still). For now I've bought JVC HA-FX850 and I hope that i enjoy them. However, the best sound I've heard so far are modded Sony MDR-MA900. I just don't have a better equipment so I guess it is so. Also I've recentrly tried ATH-IM70 which I really liked with ibasso dx50. Also I have OSTRY KC06 which I am pretty neutral about. Moreover I think that my negative experience about DUNU was not the headphones but the ibasso dx90, which is pretty lifeless. However, I actually did not notice a huge difference betweet my phone and my ibasso dx90 using DUNU 2k, it was like ~15 %.

I feel sorry about Triple fi 10, I don't really think that there could be a direct upgrade from them in an adequate cost. More of a sidegrade I guess or the amount of money spent is too much and does not worth it. If I only knew, I would have bought 5 pairs of Triple fi 10 when they were 99 dollars on black friday for my whole life. Paying 300 for them is too much for me because I still hope that I can find another option.

You seem to prefer more of a fun type of  sound signature because of the term 'lifeless' you mentioned. I think i remembered you saying you preferred the ath IM70 to the KC06. I can understand now, that KC06 bass may not overwhelm you which I think the IM70 does good justice in that regard. Hopefully you will like the FX850 because from what I've read bass and soundstage is definitely its strength.

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #554 of 1,320
I agree with you that I prefer fun sound signature. However, I don't think that I am a real basshead, energy is what I liked about triple fi10 and vocals is what I liked about im70. I hope the same way as you about fx850 so I will stop offtopic)

Jun 2, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #555 of 1,320
So what are your impressions so far with that combination? Because very likely I am also going for the Ibasso DX 90 and DN-2000 combination. 
    Quote:
These are classic examples of why I always caveat my listening impressions as being my opinion only.  Everybody hears thing differently and has differing tastes in sound.  Neither of these folks are wrong for themselves and my impressions  of the DUNU DN-2000+DX90 combo do differ.

Ain't Head-Fi great!?!
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back