Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Oct 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #46 of 2,536

ClieOS I have no idea. The retailer is the one authorized retailer Dunu specifically listed on their website as exclusively selling the DN-1000 (I know there are other sellers now). I mean, I really don't care because my DN-1K sounds excellent! It just came in this week and it's not overly bright. Yet, I ordered it almost three weeks prior. So I have no idea with version I have and I'm not worried about it, but I did ask the retailer about it and that was his reply. If people get different sound versions I hope they're happy with it. I just thought I would share the information given to me. It is interesting that Dunu isn't saying much about how they tweaked the sound though.

From the impression I got from the marketing's message, I don't think there is a major difference between the Chinese vs. International version anyway. The basic sound signature should be more or less the same, they probably just redo the filter / damper to smooth out a few more dB. I bet changing eartips could yield similar result so I won't be too worrying about it.

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #47 of 2,536

From the impression I got from the marketing's message, I don't think there is a major difference between the Chinese vs. International version anyway. The basic sound signature should be more or less the same, they probably just redo the filter / damper to smooth out a few more dB. I bet changing eartips could yield similar result so I won't be too worrying about it.

X2

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #48 of 2,536

X3

using foam definitely smooths-out the peaks in treble and mids...

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #49 of 2,536

Yeah, I tried to Google it yesterday and couldn't find any info. We will just have to wait until the actual press release. 

Actually the sound is slightly different. Current version tweak treble and enhance clarity than older version. 

As to why you might get a older version. It's we have a try out group buy in July in China. That's first batch. Some just bought it and post on ebay about two months ago.

However, we try to adding some accessory and meanwhile make some tweaks. BTW China and international edition is about the same as Clieos said. So don't worry about it.

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #50 of 2,536

Actually the sound is slightly different. Current version tweak treble and enhance clarity than older version. 

As to why you might get a older version. It's we have a try out group buy in July in China. That's first batch. Some just bought it and post on ebay about two months ago.

However, we try to adding some accessory and meanwhile make some tweaks. BTW China and international edition is about the same as Clieos said. So don't worry about it.

...just to add to the above, for those who's interested to know, DN1000 is indeed dual-armature + dynamic, this has been confirmed by Rocky

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #51 of 2,536
Awesome! Thanks for the info guys. Can't wait for my order to arrive... hopefully this friday.

Oct 7, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #52 of 2,536
  Awesome! Thanks for the info guys. Can't wait for my order to arrive... hopefully this friday.

When you get them mate, if you think it sounds pretty bad, don't be concerned, that means you haven't got the perfect seal.

When I received mine, I tried on straight away and was kinda dissapointed that it sounded like H-100, but less controlled and peaks all over the place, took me a few tries for combination of tips and adjustment rings, then BOOM!!!...you will be in audio nirvana 
wink_face.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #53 of 2,536

When you get them mate, if you think it sounds pretty bad, don't be concerned, that means you haven't got the perfect seal.

When I received mine, I tried on straight away and was kinda dissapointed that it sounded like H-100, but less controlled and peaks all over the place, took me a few tries for combination of tips and adjustment rings, then BOOM!!!...you will be in audio nirvana 
wink_face.gif

Thanks for the tip. Cheers!
I'll be comparing them to my H200... battle of the hybrids!
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #54 of 2,536

Well, I just got mine last week, so hopefully it's the newer version. And what is this about a DN-2000 that I was recently told about from one of your authorized dealers?

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #55 of 2,536

Thank you for the response, I was actually posting about the DN-2000, like Ericp above, I too would like to know. 

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #56 of 2,536

Thank you for the response, I was actually posting about the DN-2000, like Ericp above, I too would like to know. 

Well, I just got mine last week, so hopefully it's the newer version. And what is this about a DN-2000 that I was recently told about from one of your authorized dealers?

according to Rocky, DN2000 will have the same setup to DN1000 (dual-armature + dynamic) but it will be tuned differently

He has not heard it either and very unlikely to be released this year

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #57 of 2,536
I'm on the silver rings and that bass is kicking my A!! Yes! Good deep solid full bass with a good punch, yet it's not obscuring the mids at all. And high-hats are sizzling on some of my favorite jazz tunes. Again, a much fuller sound than the H-200 (and not as warm). 

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #58 of 2,536

Hopefully it is.

We are going to attend the on Beijing Exhibition several days later. Three new product prototype will make their first appearance.

DN-2000(2 BA + 1 Dynamic),  DN-900 ( 1 BA + Dynamic) and DJ-1000 ( 2 BA). More information would be update after the exhibition.

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #59 of 2,536

Hopefully it is.

We are going to attend the on Beijing Exhibition several days later. Three new product prototype will make their first appearance.

DN-2000(2 BA + 1 Dynamic),  DN-900 ( 1 BA + Dynamic) and DJ-1000 ( 2 BA). More information would be update after the exhibition.

Thank you rockywu0204. I can say I'm loving this full wide sound! The bass is beautiful! Not too heavy or too light, and can make an audiophile basshead blush (if there is such a thing). The mids and treble aren't obscured by the bass at all. 

Oct 8, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #60 of 2,536
  I'm on the silver rings and that bass is kicking my A!! Yes! Good deep solid full bass with a good punch, yet it's not obscuring the mids at all. And high-hats are sizzling on some of my favorite jazz tunes. Again, a much fuller sound than the H-200 (and not as warm). 

I can't wipe the smile off my face everytime I listen to this...this definitely deserve some attention, much more than it currently gets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back