Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Oct 12, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #76 of 2,536

We got ours from ebay: bigbargainonline.
Unfortunately no one is certain if they are the international version...
Maybe ask the seller? But then again, there's no indication on the packaging to identify one version from another.

I am 95% sure that the one from bigbargainonline is the Chinese version

Oct 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #77 of 2,536
Oct 12, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #78 of 2,536

We got ours from ebay: bigbargainonline.
Unfortunately no one is certain if they are the international version...
Maybe ask the seller? But then again, there's no indication on the packaging to identify one version from another.

The seller says it is the new version. The Dunu rep stated that those sold within the last few weeks are the new version. And he said the newer version has a ton of accessories. So it would appear that all of us here have the newer version.

Oct 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #79 of 2,536

I am 95% sure that the one from bigbargainonline is the Chinese version

How can you be so sure? They are Dunu's authorized online dealer. They've stated it's the newer version. Regardless, I'm done worrying about it. I like the sound of the DN-1K I  have.

Oct 12, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #80 of 2,536
  The seller says it is the new version. The Dunu rep stated that those sold within the last few weeks are the new version. And he said the newer version has a ton of accessories. So it would appear that all of us here have the newer version.

beerchug.gif

I'm not worried at all because I love how my pair sounds. 
etysmile.gif

Still working on the tips tho... I do find the foam tips to sound the best but I still prefer silicone tips because they're easier to clean.

Oct 12, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #81 of 2,536

That's reassuring.

beerchug.gif

etysmile.gif

Still working on the tips tho... I do find the foam tips to sound the best but I still prefer silicone tips because they're easier to clean.

I am sticking to the bi-flange for now.

Oct 12, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #83 of 2,536

beerchug.gif

etysmile.gif

if you have large canals like I do, the included silicone will be too small, see if you can get hold of MEE's tips or UE's silicone tips, some stretching will be required but not hard at all.

For me, UE's large single flange silicone and MEE's double flange fits the best, but none of them beats Comply Ts :)

Oct 12, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #84 of 2,536

How can you be so sure? They are Dunu's authorized online dealer. They've stated it's the newer version. Regardless, I'm done worrying about it. I like the sound of the DN-1K I  have.

Didn't say I was 100% sure mate 
tongue_smile.gif

Rocky said that bigbargainonline is not Dunu's authorized dealer, but any HF-ers who bought from them, anything wrong just contact Rocky directly

Oct 12, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #85 of 2,536
I am sticking to the bi-flange for now.

Hi ClieOS, do you still have the H200? Can you please try the large black tips (green sleeve) on the DN 1000. I think they're perfect...

Oct 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #86 of 2,536
Hi ClieOS, do you still have the H200? Can you please try the large black tips (green sleeve) on the DN 1000. I think they're perfect...

Will try it later. Off to vacation in a few hours and see you guy in 2 weeks
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #87 of 2,536

beerchug.gif

etysmile.gif

Looking forward to your impressions d marc0! 

Oct 13, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #88 of 2,536
Looking forward to your impressions d marc0! 

Here's a teaser Wayne:

Think H200 + bass up a notch + Basso soundstage width/height + controlled treble peaks + mids forward a notch.

Oct 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #89 of 2,536
Here's a teaser Wayne:

Think H200 + bass up a notch + Basso soundstage width/height + controlled treble peaks + mids forward a notch.

Yawn.

Ok, NOT yawn lol!  I'm not sure I could handle the bass up a notch, but the rest sounds pretty darned good!

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #90 of 2,536
Yawn.

Ok, NOT yawn lol!  I'm not sure I could handle the bass up a notch, but the rest sounds pretty darned good!

Don't worry mate. It doesn't really beat the h200 all the way. As a matter of fact it may have a minor flaw too... The SSSSs can be too sibilant for some people. In my case it's tolerable but sibilant in some songs if I listen at higher volumes. Good news is the timbre is really good making all kinds of cymbals and percussion sound awesome. Note that I'm still at the stage of tip rolling. Tips do make a lot of difference in the DN 1000's case so I may find a fix. The bi flanges don't sound as sibilant for one.

As for h200 owners, it's not really an upgrade if soundstage isn't the priority. Did I tell you that my pair now sounds perfect to me after figuring out the filter mod to fix kimvictor's issue with that song of his? My H200 now sounds more controlled in treble vs the DN 1000! (Disclaimer: still in the process of finding the right tips for the DN 1k)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back