Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Oct 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #107 of 2,536

And two weeks after that they will have Global and Space versions. Enough already. 

HAHA!!..

beerchug.gif

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #108 of 2,536

And two weeks after that they will have Global and Space versions. Enough already. 

Cool! I'm holding out for that Space version! Although I'm sure the when I order it, there will then be confusion about whether it's really the Space version or the rumoured Intergalactic Hyper-Space version!

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #109 of 2,536

lol, i pretty much ordered these based on your rankings in your sig. Have you mentioned any impressions vs the W4, which would have been what I bought.  The w4 has been one of my favorites for a while.  

The biggest difference is that this an audiophile-basshead  earphone as compared to the W4. Oh, you can get a balanced sound out of it with the rings, but the bass is there and let's you know it. The DN-1K has a fuller and 3-D sound compared to the W4, and the Westone has quite a bit more mid-bass. The W4 probably has a better fit though, and is lighter than then DN-1K. More treble extension too in the DN-1k. In the end it's about your sound preference. I prefer the DN-1K.

Whatever version I have sounds very good (as you see I've already ranked it). And it amps very well. 

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #110 of 2,536
UPDATE: Ranking various tips in terms of sound quality ONLY.

1. Dunu translucent black stock tips
2. Meelec M9 Bi-Flanges
3. Dunu bi-flanges stock tips
4. Stock "comply"/foam tips
NOTE: The DN-1000 pairs very well with wide bore tips. Tips with narrow bores result into a peak (sibilance) around 6.5 Khz.

Quote:
  The biggest difference is that this an audiophile-basshead  earphone as compared to the W4. Oh, you can get a balanced sound out of it with the rings, but the bass is there and let's you know it. The DN-1K has a fuller and 3-D sound compared to the W4, and the Westone has quite a bit more mid-bass. The W4 probably has a better fit though, and is lighter than then DN-1K. More treble extension too in the DN-1k. In the end it's about your sound preference. I prefer the DN-1K.

Whatever version I have sounds very good (as you see I've already ranked it). And it amps very well. 

+1 on amping. JDSlabs C5 pairs really well with the DN-1000. 

As for people concerned about the DN-1000 being too bassy... It's definitely above the H200 in bass quantity but the gap isn't that much if you configure the DN-1000 to sound less bassy (ex. Bi-flange tips + Red rings + shallow insertion).

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #111 of 2,536
  +1 on amping. JDSlabs C5 pairs really well with the DN-1000. 

As for people concerned about the DN-1000 being too bassy... It's definitely above the H200 in bass quantity but the gap isn't that much if you configure the DN-1000 to sound less bassy (ex. Bi-flange tips + Red rings + shallow insertion).

It's a good notch and half above the H-200 to my ears d marc0 in overall sound. There's is so much punch, power, and detail coming out of this earphone, and especially with it amped (the fiio E10 right now). 

Now, I'm using the black silicon but with the silver then the blue rings. So I have a much more balanced sound, but still powerful sub-bass. This has, however, pushed the vocals forward in an amazing way. And the highs are emitting remarkable micro details.  Lovely earphone, and again one that punch above its going MSRP. 

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #112 of 2,536

It's a good notch and half above the H-200 to my ears d marc0 in overall sound. There's is so much punch, power, and detail coming out of this earphone, and especially with it amped (the fiio E10 right now). 

Now, I'm using the black silicon but with the silver then the blue rings. So I have a much more balanced sound, but still powerful sub-bass. This has, however, pushed the vocals forward in an amazing way. And the highs are emitting remarkable micro details.  Lovely earphone, and again one that punch above its going MSRP. 

beerchug.gif

DN-1000 also sounds overwhelming with live music!

It can make your hair stand as well!

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #113 of 2,536
That's it. The DN-1k give many studio tracks a live sound and feeling.

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #114 of 2,536
Forgot to mention that fantastic wide soundstage that really beats the H-200 - significantly. 

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #118 of 2,536
  Not sure where to post this...

What is the top one? And how many version will Dunu release after they release the initial versions? lol

I cannot get mad at Dunu, however, over the sound of the DN-1000.

Oct 15, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #119 of 2,536
  What is the top one? And how many version will Dunu release after they release the initial versions? lol

I cannot get mad at Dunu, however, over the sound of the DN-1000.

I think the top one could be that dual-BA IEM Rocky was talking about earlier...which I will definitely buy when it is released...

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #120 of 2,536
Yeah, That 900 looks to be a large and small armature set-up and not the TWFK. Might be the best looking DUNU, IMO, as far as housings go. An intriguing model there. Look forward to the impressions on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back