Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Feb 8, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #842 of 2,536
  I have a GR07BE for 3 weeks, and its really nice, but maybe I am looking for a warmer, more fun earphone with slightly more bass. Would be DN-1000 a good choice?
I sometimes feel the the GR07 Bass too sharp and not warm.
I am thinking about the EPH-100 too.
I would use with iPhone 4 unamped.
I had a Brainwavz M2 before, and I'd like to get similar bass quantity. 
Thanks! :wink:

If you can afford it, Westone 3. Or DN-1000 with bass boost of some sort.

Using PowerAmp app or Equalizer app from your iPhone.

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #851 of 2,536
Its after 150 hours, and the bass is fine for me and the vocals also, my only problem is the harshness e.g. with Bon Jovi or other rock. Other thing is the seal, its not perfect even with the sony hybrids. You would not recommend the dn-1000 instead? What are the main differences between this and the gr07BE?

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #852 of 2,536
Its after 150 hours, and the bass is fine for me and the vocals also, my only problem is the harshness e.g. with Bon Jovi or other rock. Other thing is the seal, its not perfect even with the sony hybrids. You would not recommend the dn-1000 instead? What are the main differences between this and the gr07BE?

Narrow bore tips will cause sibilance in the dunu dn1000. Try the wide bore tips or the comply tips.

Feb 10, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #853 of 2,536
Narrow bore tips will cause sibilance in the dunu dn1000. Try the wide bore tips or the comply tips.

+1

Absolutely, my theory is that the tip's bore size should be at least equal or bigger than the width of the nozzle, Dunu's nozzle is pretty wide/large so small bore tips will cause some harshness.

Sony's hybrid is medium-sized, what work best for me are Heir/Phillips tips, MEE's single flange, comply TS, and the stock grey silicone, turbine-lookalike one, in fact, this is one of the best silicone tips that I have ever used

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #855 of 2,536
Guys, sorry but I was talking about the GR07 and my question was, would be the Dunu better?

It's been a while since I had the GR 07, but if memory serves they do micro detail a little better. The Dunu is going to have deeper bass and better soundstage, so you can pick between those based on your priorities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back