Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Feb 7, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #826 of 2,536
I would say dn1k for sure. No matter what source you throw at.......

Correct! 

Even using Studio V 3rd Anv with the Coppers isn't enough. The Dunu clearly win driven from Sansa Zip.

So put that into perspective:  $250 (on amazon) Turbine Coppers with a $400 Source = $650. Out beaten by a $200 Hybrid and $30 Sansa player. = $230.

I own all those mentioned and would love to say the more expensive rig wins, but this is clearly not the case. I do not let price blind my opinion.

Feb 7, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #827 of 2,536
The coppers are on sale sometimes for around $150 I think though. I personally haven't heard them, but it looks like the DN-1000 is much better.

Feb 7, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #828 of 2,536
Correct! 

Even using Studio V 3rd Anv with the Coppers isn't enough. The Dunu clearly win driven from Sansa Zip.

So put that into perspective:  $250 (on amazon) Turbine Coppers with a $400 Source = $650. Out beaten by a $200 Hybrid and $30 Sansa player. = $230.

I own all those mentioned and would love to say the more expensive rig wins, but this is clearly not the case. I do not let price blind my opinion.

sandisk's audio engineering excellence is marvellous in budget dap world same as their's memorydom. Still its a un-invited guest in the grand party and draws attention of all. That being said we could see "sansa" almost every 25 pages (very roughly not to scale exactly) in all of dap,iem threads here in our community. We still be reading that word so fresh even after 5 years, as a most reliable,cheap/ budget, very affordable by all - REFERENCE DAP - around.......imho.

Feb 7, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #829 of 2,536
sandisk's audio engineering excellence is marvellous in budget dap world same as their's memorydom. Still its a un-invited guest in the grand party and draws attention of all. That being said we could see "sansa" almost every 25 pages (very roughly not to scale exactly) in all of dap,iem threads here in our community. We still be reading that word so fresh even after 5 years, as a most reliable,cheap/ budget, very affordable by all - REFERENCE DAP - around.......imho.

Very much synergy related in this instance. Problem running Turbines with Studio V is the Turbines hit a glass ceiling very quickly, they don't scale up much with better sources before capping out, not really the Studios fault. On the other hand (as I've mentioned earlier in the thread) the Dunu scale up very well with better sources, you can take them a lot further. Regardless of that, I highly recommend the Dunu with Sansa Clip Zip. It's a great pairing.

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #831 of 2,536

Let the sun rays catch the Turbines glistening housing while strolling along Manly Beach front. 

Yup, that's right, these. are. Monster Turbine, keep your sunglasses on people. 
wink_face.gif

^ (five minute walk from my house btw) ^

The Dunu are quite capable of blinding people as well imo. That chrome sure knows how to put on a show. *pulls up at stop lights riding BMX bike wearing DN-1000*

HAHAHAHAHA...so Manly Beach is your 'hoodz' eh mate? 
tongue_smile.gif

Yeah the looks is definitely one of the best out there, I was even tempted to buy the Trumpet just for the looks...

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #834 of 2,536
I have a GR07BE for 3 weeks, and its really nice, but maybe I am looking for a warmer, more fun earphone with slightly more bass. Would be DN-1000 a good choice?
I sometimes feel the the GR07 Bass too sharp and not warm.
I am thinking about the EPH-100 too.
I would use with iPhone 4 unamped.
I had a Brainwavz M2 before, and I'd like to get similar bass quantity. 
Thanks! :wink:

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #836 of 2,536
Have you heard the GR07BE?
I'd like to get similar quantity as Shure SE215. The GR07 BE is almost good, but I'd like to get slightly more. I dont need a basshead like Wooduo 2.
Anyone who can compare to e.g. Klipsch S4, Brainwavz M2, GR07BE, Shure SE215 in bass quantity?

thanks

Feb 8, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #837 of 2,536
The se215's bass is powerful but the bass sounds bad, I really hope that DN100 heard with much better bass..

I have a Galaxy S3 and COWON C2
Anyone tried the dn1000 with cowon c2?
I do not want to buy just the fiio x3 if the C2 (or my galaxy s3)will hear very good with the DN1000..

That mp4nation sell dunu1000 + fiio x3 at $332 it's very cheap (after coupon discount of 10%)
And I really debating whether to Order them both or just the DN1000..

Feb 8, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #838 of 2,536
Yeah, the SE215 is just generally bad for its $100 price tag. I much prefer the $80 AX35. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #840 of 2,536
  The se215's bass is powerful but the bass sounds bad, I really hope that DN100 heard with much better bass..

I have a Galaxy S3 and COWON C2
Anyone tried the dn1000 with cowon c2?
I do not want to buy just the fiio x3 if the C2 (or my galaxy s3)will hear very good with the DN1000..

That mp4nation sell dunu1000 + fiio x3 at $332 it's very cheap (after coupon discount of 10%)
And I really debating whether to Order them both or just the DN1000..

I'm in the same situation but I think to order only the Dunu :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back