Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jan 23, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #661 of 2,536
Yeah. The K3003 is better overall, by quite a bit actually. However the K3003 had a really annoying higher mid spike which introduced a lot of vocal sibilant. The bass on the Dunus hit much harder but loses out on speed. The treble is similar in quantity but the K3003 is simply better there.

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #663 of 2,536
Yeah. The K3003 is better overall, by quite a bit actually. However the K3003 had a really annoying higher mid spike which introduced a lot of vocal sibilant. The bass on the Dunus hit much harder but loses out on speed. The treble is similar in quantity but the K3003 is simply better there.

Yep, just like the 3X, could be some sort of disease for high-end hybrids maybe? though I wasn't annoyed by it as I think H-200's spike is worse...

This is exactly where DN-1000 excels...the top end is just sooooooo smooth, combined with big, awesome bass and massive soundstage

I let one of my mate who's not exactly technical in music auditioned DN-1000 for a day, then the 3X for the next day, afterwards he said that he prefers the Dunu hands down...
wink_face.gif

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #666 of 2,536
Gah I'm utterly torn... So many new iems look promising, but these new Dunus look very interesting, question being to try the 1000 or 900

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #668 of 2,536
I have a bit of amazon credit left over from the holidays. I've never paid more than 100 for an item before, the two most expensive I have being the monster turbine pearl and the etymotic hf5. I'm typically more of a headphone person, but really would prefer something portable. I really am interested in the rings aspect for variance.

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #669 of 2,536
I have a bit of amazon credit left over from the holidays. I've never paid more than 100 for an item before, the two most expensive I have being the monster turbine pearl and the etymotic hf5. I'm typically more of a headphone person, but really would prefer something portable. I really am interested in the rings aspect for variance.

I wouldn't expect a heap of change in sound from the rings. 

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #675 of 2,536
  When I got these, I did some A/B-ing between the various rings and I couldn't detect a change in sound. Well... technically there was a change but I attributed it to a poor fit (bad seal = worse bass).

Try COmpy TS-500 mate, sm/md/lg depending on how big your canal is, but Comply TS never fail me, ever...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back