DT990 Pro Impressions Thread
May 10, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #451 of 1,091
Which is the udac 2 is that from nuforce? and I was looking at the bravo audio ocean before as far as amps go. I am going to be getting one down the road but for now I am thinking about getting the udac 2 for a really goo price. Or if I cannot and I have to wait until i can work again(hopefully soon) I will probably grab the little mini Sabre dac and use it with my S3 phone along with the Fiio e11. 

Yes... The uDac2 is by Nuforce and can be purchased brand new online for $60. Can't beat that. It has an amp built in which is more than capable of driving the 250 Ohm 990's.

May 10, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #452 of 1,091
Yes... The uDac2 is by Nuforce and can be purchased brand new online for $60. Can't beat that. It has an amp built in which is more than capable of driving the 250 Ohm 990's.

How do you feel it works with the DT 990 in the area of soundstage and separation? do you think this is a good 100$ DAC, because I saw it for 60$ as well and the only reason before why Idid not pick it up was because of the fact that I was not sure if it was considered a decently good DAC and or amp. Thanks for the feedback.

May 10, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #453 of 1,091
How do you feel it works with the DT 990 in the area of soundstage and separation? do you think this is a good 100$ DAC, because I saw it for 60$ as well and the only reason before why Idid not pick it up was because of the fact that I was not sure if it was considered a decently good DAC and or amp. Thanks for the feedback.

All I can tell you is that it made a major improvement compared to my computers built in sound. Everything just opened up and had a lot more depth/impact to it. How much was the DAC and how much was the amp? I don't know. Well worth the $60 though.

I still thought things sounded a little bright though and added the Bravo Audio Ocean tube amp for $115. It did seem to smooth out the highs to me. So it's the uDac2 serving as the DAC and the Bravo serving as the amp.

When using my Microsoft Surface 2 I only use the uDac2 and it does a great job. It's nice that it's USB powered and can be used on the go with a tablet.

May 10, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #454 of 1,091
All I can tell you is that it made a major improvement compared to my computers built in sound. Everything just opened up and had a lot more depth/impact to it. How much was the DAC and how much was the amp? I don't know. Well worth the $60 though.

I still thought things sounded a little bright though and added the Bravo Audio Ocean tube amp for $115. It did seem to smooth out the highs to me. So it's the uDac2 serving as the DAC and the Bravo serving as the amp.

When using my Microsoft Surface 2 I only use the uDac2 and it does a great job. It's nice that it's USB powered and can be used on the go with a tablet.

Do you know if the Udac 2 can be used as a dac for the Samsung S3 phone with the proper OTG adapter to micro usb? Because I think that I may get that first a small cheap dac that will boost my phones audio

May 22, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #457 of 1,091
  I Love my 990, but not cable.
Little tweak solution for cable weight, clamp to wear.
Sorry for my eng.

I like the simple but seems to be efficient idea. I actually am doing something similar with mine for when I am not sitting at my desk being stationary. I am actually planning for a recabling mod from someone in the community. Where the cable will be better quality and shortened a bit. Also will become detachable. There is also a friend that does this and runs his own business from another keyboard forum I know him in. It is called mimic-cables.com

May 25, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #458 of 1,091
Wow. Over the past couple weeks I've been busy with stuff but today I finally got a chance to sit down and just listen to some music, no distractions, with my DT990 Pro. Now I remember what made me like these cams so much. Tight, impactful bass, clear mids, hot trebles, and beautifully airy soundstage.

Jun 17, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #462 of 1,091
Yeah these'll sound sweet from a Tube amp. Hope you enjoy 'em.

Jun 28, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #463 of 1,091
I just ordered the dt990 pro 250 ohms version. I have the apogee one and the native instruments komplete audio 6 do you think any of these two will be a good amp/dac for these headphones? By the way I don't have the money to buy a new amp or dac so I will have to stick to these 2.

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #464 of 1,091
Got a pair from the Amazon sale before they shot back up to $200 within days of ordering mine. Enjoying them quite a bit so far. I pretty much bought them just for gaming but jeez, they might just become my go-to everything headphone.

Jul 1, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #465 of 1,091
Can someone please help me?

I just received the headphones and it seems to lack bass completely? Maybe vaguely existent. As if equivalent to normal headphones. It's hooked up to a Fiio e10 Olympus. 

Also, is there a soundstage audio to test the headphone? I feel like I'm missing something that's stopping the headphones from sounding flawless. 

Thank you for any advice 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back