DT990 Pro Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #376 of 1,091
I know Di.FM does some high bitrate MP3 if you pay for it but you're probably better off ripping CDs if you want FLAC. Or buying off HDTracks.

Apr 4, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #380 of 1,091
I have to update my opinion of these cans now.

Listening to low quality 128kbps and under MP3 these sound ok, but higher quality and these come ALIVE!!

I am very happy, even using my cMoyBB with these 600 ohm'ers does a great job.

I am having trouble keeping the volume down as they sound even better louder.

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #381 of 1,091
I'm one the proud owner of DT 990 Pro
atsmile.gif

Tight bass and sweet treble with the right combo (paired the cans with Little Dot MKII with Mullard M8161) though sometime I do hope the mids aren't as recessed and laid back as it is. Maybe I'm more to a mid-centric listener but this one is definitely a keeper.

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #382 of 1,091
atsmile.gif

Tight bass and sweet treble with the right combo (paired the cans with Little Dot MKII with Mullard M8161) though sometime I do hope the mids aren't as recessed and laid back as it is. Maybe I'm more to a mid-centric listener but this one is definitely a keeper.

There are a few songs that I noticed slightly recessed mids, but only as compared to other cans.
I can listen to these longer than other ones I have.

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #383 of 1,091
atsmile.gif

I understand that feeling with them, they are definitely keepers though. I'm more of a mid-centric listener myself, but I find the DT 990 Pro is the perfect complimentary headphone to my midrange oriented K612.

Apr 5, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #384 of 1,091
To me they have good bass impact and yet still maintain a clear even though slightly recessed midrange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back