DT 770 pro 80 ohms, refurbished for $90. BD has 4 more to sell
Aug 23, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #31 of 84
It sounds pretty good straight out of my pc and also tested great with a Yamaha receiver.

I am building a tube amp for it so we'll see how that goes

Aug 23, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #33 of 84

Quote:
It sounds pretty good straight out of my pc and also tested great with a Yamaha receiver.

I am building a tube amp for it so we'll see how that goes

Sounds good. I don't have an amp (yet) so I'm just going to be using my 5G Video iPod and maybe my crappy LG Optimus One (mostly for Pandora) to drive. How would you describe the sound? I've read that these are great for bassheads like me but what about the soundstage?

Aug 23, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #34 of 84

Quote:
Sounds good. I don't have an amp (yet) so I'm just going to be using my 5G Video iPod and maybe my crappy LG Optimus One (mostly for Pandora) to drive. How would you describe the sound? I've read that these are great for bassheads like me but what about the soundstage?

I will post impressions on my tube amps and also on the Pioneer vintage receiver when I get them. Hell for 90.00 worth a listen.

Aug 23, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #37 of 84

Quote:
How do they sound?

def bassy.
especially with fairly bassy music.  at some points its crazy.
they aren't as refined in the upper regions of the spectrum as the Premiums, but the premiums dont have the quantity of bass.  im actually probably gonna end up selling my premiums and keeping the pro 80s because basically the 990s best the 770 premium in every way but sub bass and if i want big deep bass the pro 80s are better.  not as tight and clean but whatever i have reason to own 3 pairs of beyers

Aug 23, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #38 of 84
i am recovering from my cold/flu so i hooked these phones up to listen to some rhcp stadium arcadium. HOLY MOLY the instrument/vocals separation is amazing! I can hear crisp details I never noticed before

Aug 23, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #39 of 84

Quote:
i am recovering from my cold/flu so i hooked these phones up to listen to some rhcp stadium arcadium. HOLY MOLY the instrument/vocals separation is amazing! I can hear crisp details I never noticed before

I bought a pair today . how fast did they ship them to you. I am one day from Farmingdale and when they in good condition. Just curious on why there are a few like 10 pairs in the last two weeks. I hope they hold up.

Aug 23, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #40 of 84

Quote:
I bought a pair today . how fast did they ship them to you. I am one day from Farmingdale and when they in good condition. Just curious on why there are a few like 10 pairs in the last two weeks. I hope they hold up.

I got mine in 5 business days, I am in Houston, TX

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #41 of 84

Quote:

got mine in 3 business days.  they should hold up.  they're pretty durable headphones in general. 

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #42 of 84
I received mine yesterday. (BD shipped the next business day.) Looks and sounds like it's in perfect condition. It's the new model, not the one shown in the photo. After everything I read about the 770-80 being too bass-heavy, I'm pleasantly surprised. There's definite weight, but it does not encroach on the rest of the range and so often is not even present. Perhaps I got a particularly good copy. This is a good headphone and kills for $90. Other headphones I own: JH13, SA5000, K501, ER4P (retired).

Aug 24, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #45 of 84

Quote:
Anyone else have anything to add?

I can see you are getting antsy waiting for yours to arrive
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back