DT 770 pro 80 ohms, refurbished for $90. BD has 4 more to sell
Sep 13, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #76 of 84
I already have DT-770s and I'm half tempted to take you up on it
deadhorse.gif

Something about 'em, really dig it. Not accurate, but tight sounding, powerful, fun. Like ATH-A900 on steroids, kinda. Plus they actually block sound starting at ~100hz instead of the much less helpful 1000hz. 1000hz is great for making it hard to hear what people are saying, but 100hz will make it hard to hear fans blowing, AC units going, or THAT people are saying anything at all. I am also half-tempted to get the monitor versions that offer HD-280 levels of isolation, but I think the loss of the reflex port would kill the tightness I enjoy about the lows.

Sep 13, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #77 of 84
they are definetely fun headphones and almost a guilty pleasure when i want pop pounding bass.  The bass out of one of my recievers is just crazy awesome

Sep 14, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #78 of 84
I'm still going to hold out.  They replied back to me saying that they'll be selling more at least through the rest of the year.  and I don't HAVE to have them (my HD558 is really nice) but would give me something that I can use to block out the neighbors when I want :)

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #80 of 84

Quote:
I found this too late =(

Keep an eye on ebay since they're going to be listing more, although you have at most a few hours from when it's listed.  My strategy: This is the last auction for them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120775355408  at the top of the page it now says "this listing has ended"  The next time they list it you'll see a second sentence along the lines of "The seller has relisted a similar item (here)" and give a link to the current auction.  Although I guess you could setup a search that narrows it down but this way I don't have to worry about a search and just refresh an item page.  Now to actually get it you have to just refresh that page constantly.  I subscribed to their store but the problem with that is the moment they send a message out it sells out in minutes.  But it looks like last time it was listed for an hour or two before the message went out.

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #81 of 84
I tried these out the other day at a local Guitar Center, out of my Cowon J3.  Even unamped, I was generally impressed.  Comfortable, very solid bass impact and extension, if lacking a little bit in detail/definition.  Mids were fine too, and highs were not sibilant.  Very good headphone, and an incredible steal for the price of this deal.  For the 200 Guitar Center was selling them for I still think they are a great quality/performance buy

Sep 16, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #82 of 84

Quote:
Keep an eye on ebay since they're going to be listing more, although you have at most a few hours from when it's listed.  My strategy: This is the last auction for them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120775355408  at the top of the page it now says "this listing has ended"  The next time they list it you'll see a second sentence along the lines of "The seller has relisted a similar item (here)" and give a link to the current auction.  Although I guess you could setup a search that narrows it down but this way I don't have to worry about a search and just refresh an item page.  Now to actually get it you have to just refresh that page constantly.  I subscribed to their store but the problem with that is the moment they send a message out it sells out in minutes.  But it looks like last time it was listed for an hour or two before the message went out.

How does one subscribe to their store?  I see how to create an account, but I do not see a way to subscribe to a newsletter.

Sep 16, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #83 of 84
Sep 26, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #84 of 84

Users who are viewing this thread

Back