Does Anyone Have Experience With The New Future Sonic MG7 Dynamic Drivers?
Dec 31, 2010 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Starsky5000

500+ Head-Fier
First question is the most important to me and that's comfort. Are these earphones light & comfortable to wear?

Second hows the sound quality?

I listen to alot of disco, rock, pop, and europop.

Where's a good place online to purchase them?

Thank You All.

Dec 31, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #2 of 2
Didn't we already talk about this in the thread dedicated to the new Future Sonic Atrios with MG7 drivers?

After the diaphragm settled a bit, they sounded great. You can see Joker's review of the old version Atrios and add points for build, fit and comfort. When I did an A/B comparison with a pair of MG5 version 2 Atrios with the new MG7 driver Atrios, the new ones had a better balance with more forward treble (not that the treble is forward, just in comparison with the older ones, the treble is brought forward, which improves balance with the mids), the bass is a bit more punchy--again, keep in mind that this is in comparison to the old Atrios, you will read people calling the bass of something like the ortofon e-q7 "punchy and plentiful". The Atrios are in a very different league.

Bass is truly excellent with superior extention in the sub-bass, the mids are not overshadowed by the bass and are nicely accurate in timbre. The treble has excellent extention and is very non-sibilant--the Atrios are designed to be monitors for the stage, so the bass is excellent, the mid is very accurate and the treble is accurate but non-fatiguing and not artificially boosted.

The housing is very light and the comfort is very good.

For purchase, Futuresonics.com is a good choice.

I have spoken with a rep at SoundEarphones.com and all their Future Sonics Atrios' stock consists of new MG7 Atrios (they will update their website soon, but the Atrios they have are the new MG7 ones).

These are good places to get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back