Does anyone else find the D66 eggos.....
Jul 15, 2003 at 6:21 PM Post #31 of 35
is it easy to put the pads back on them once you've done the mod?, that's the only thing that's been holding me back
confused.gif

Jul 15, 2003 at 7:03 PM Post #32 of 35
I'm not to keen on the tape mod. I think the cotton batting is a better idea because it can also get rid of the boxy sound.

Its real easy to open up the Eggos. Remove the ear pads, unscrew two screws and open the bottom part first. Insert batting and reverse the order. There is a tab on the top part and just make sure it is tucked in first before you put the screws back in. You'll see it once it is opened.

The pads are very easy to put back on. Just stretch it a bit to go over the toothed ridge. If you don't like the sound, just take out the batting or add more if you like. The headphones themselves do not get damaged, unless you break it, and everything is reversable. So go for it and report back with your findings. You won't regret it. Beside, maybe the tweek bug will hit you'll be hooked like the rest of us....
tongue.gif

Jul 15, 2003 at 7:14 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
is it easy to put the pads back on them once you've done the mod?, that's the only thing that's been holding me back
confused.gif

Yes. Remove the earpads and find two screws. Remove the screws carefully (small Philips screwdriver required) and set them aside. Remove the backs of the housings and fill with SMALL quantity of fluffy cotton (called 'rolled absorbent cotton') or cotton balls. Don't put too much, or the housings won't close properly! Then reassemble.

Jul 15, 2003 at 9:37 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
I tried out tissues and they sound better (much more mid-bass), and you're right there's no room inside them!, anyway, I tried the pads inside out, and they look like D77's now...I think it is more comfortable this way, you should try it
600smile.gif

Tissue will work, but cotton is denser, I think, and thus more effective.

eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back