Do you use supplements?
Aug 22, 2007 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Digitalbath3737

500+ Head-Fier
I just bought some Gaspari Nutrition SizeOn Creatine and some Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass today. I'm hoping to put a bit of a boost in my muscle mass. Most the guys I work with use supplements and these guys are HUGE, they weight lift 6 days a week and at least twice a day so that most likely accounts for most of their HUGE size. I decided to try a few supplements they recommended. Do any of you guys use supplements when you work out? Do you get positive results from them or just feel like it was wasted money?

Aug 22, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #2 of 31
bodybuilder.jpg

Tuna fish, boiled eggs and bovine growth hormone baby!

Aug 22, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #3 of 31
I've tried just about every kind of protein powder out there. My personal favorite is Nitro-Tech Hardcore because I find myself far less sore the next day with this than with other proteins. I gave creatine a shot but it didn't do anything for me.

Aug 22, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #8 of 31
I drink some whey protein. But not regularly. Just when i remember actually.
When i was crazy about working out i was drinking whey protein twice a day, even when not training, and creatin before training. It was definitely a good improvement ...

Aug 22, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #11 of 31
Oh god, don't get me started on supplements.

I'll just go ahead and say I've hated everything but Ester Creatine. CE2 to be exact, stacked with No2 of course.

If you take protein, make sure to take a lot of carbs and calories in too, and amino acid supplements help a lot with the synthesis of protein too. I bought some BCAA pills for like 12 bucks from bodybuilding.com and they work beautifully.

Aug 22, 2007 at 9:24 AM Post #12 of 31
multivitamin, whey protein and flaxseed oil daily.
"green drinks", seperate bcaas, joint supplements every once in a while.

i've been thinking about nitric oxide supplements for a while, but maybe i'll wait until i plateau..

i haven't run into anything yet that didn't "work" for me. i've seen increased muscle growth through heavy lifting + protein, but if anything, the macrobolic ratio diet i've been following of 45carb/35protein/20fat is making the biggest difference for ME with my workouts and weight results from when i went all natural (no special diet, supplements etc)

Aug 22, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by organicabstract /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the macrobolic ratio ...making the biggest difference for ME with my workouts and weight results from when i went all natural (no special diet, supplements etc)

I agree.

Aug 22, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #15 of 31
Do any of you guys that use protein powders know of a few good recipes for shakes? I've had luck using soy milk and honey. Has a really good taste to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back