Do you think wearing full-size headphones in public makes you look like a spaz/geek/weirdo?
Apr 29, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #16 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdennis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Full sized headphones are so sexy. What's up with all the haters?

When I see a person wearing them in public, I think about how weird they must be in these ways:

-Are they doing it for attention?

-Why are they so unaffected by how inconvenient it is to carry those around?

-Are they wearing such a big thing on their heads as a sort of blanket to shield them from the outside world?

etc etc...

Apr 29, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #17 of 270
Yes, in general. Depends which models more though.

Like K1000s'd look pretty silly, but I'd wear 595s out.

edit - Also highly sexual looking headphones can be huge, especially woodies.

Apr 29, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #18 of 270
If you care (at all), then you don't qualify as a verified spaz/geek/weirdo! If you do qualify, you don't give a rat's ass what other people think, so long as you're enjoying fantastic sound through your full-size cans!

Apr 29, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #19 of 270
well,

I don't think it's weird. I wear my Ultrasone outside all the time because I just like that big Can sound.

I just don't care what other people think about it. It's a free country, and they may think whatever they like. Heck, they're even open cans and yet I don't care.

Greetz

Apr 29, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #22 of 270
Hmm... there should be another option - Yes, but I don't mind, in fact I like it
smily_headphones1.gif
I take wear all of my headphones outside including walking to my favorite cafe in Deep Darth Beyers, I actually had a girl flash me and give me the peace sign out of her car window when I was wearing those
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #23 of 270
....rrrrrrrriiiiigggghhhtttt.......

Apr 29, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #25 of 270
Wow, 27 to 27.

Tied.

I don't wear the DT880s outdoors because they don't really isolate.

I have the Shure E4c's for that.

I don't think its weird though, I would give a nod of approval if I ever saw anyone with full-size headphones (better than Bose) on the streets.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #27 of 270
it will catch a stare but their is nothing wrong with it. Full size cans r teh sex.

Apr 29, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #28 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I see a person wearing them in public, I think about how weird they must be in these ways:

-Are they doing it for attention?

-Why are they so unaffected by how inconvenient it is to carry those around?

-Are they wearing such a big thing on their heads as a sort of blanket to shield them from the outside world?

etc etc...

How about, "I wonder if those sound really good and maybe that guy is really enjoying some music?"

I don't see any problem with wearing any headphones outside.

Apr 29, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #29 of 270
i wear darth beyers wherever.. and those will likely end up being upgraded to deep cup darths, or ultrasone edition 9s.. and will still be wearing whatever wherever I go

vanity is stupid.

Apr 29, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #30 of 270
In fact I'd not mind if my ESW9s had illuminated arrows pointing down on them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back