DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
Jan 19, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #76 of 678
Just a little boot screen I threw together, not much I can do in 10 screens...

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #77 of 678
@ CH23 + Mr Trev

Love the themes! How hard would it be to mash up your two themes? I really like the font and color of Mr Trev's theme but would like to have a plain black background and stock USB Connection and Charging screens.  I made some Rockbox themes waaaay back in the day but haven't attempted any theming for years.

Thanks,
Nikolaus

Jan 19, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #78 of 678
  @ CH23 + Mr Trev

Love the themes! How hard would it be to mash up your two themes? I really like the font and color of Mr Trev's theme but would like to have a plain black background and stock USB Connection and Charging screens.  I made some Rockbox themes waaaay back in the day but haven't attempted any theming for years.

Thanks,
Nikolaus

It is pretty easy to do themes. Just grab the firmware tool from the first page, and use it to unpack the firmware. You'll end up with a bunch of folders with png files you can edit, and a config file that chooses the colors. With my theme I think I pretty much used the stock Fiio colors for the fonts and then just made changes in the pngs to get the red to compliment. Any ttf font can be substituted (just change the name). Really the biggest thing to remember is that the pngs need to be the same resolution, and keep the same file name. If you've done rockbox themes, X3 should be easy to figure out - actually my theme was a variation of a theme I originally made for rockboxed ipod.
There also is a link to a gui simulator in this thread too, be sure to grab it makes testing much easier.
Cheers

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #80 of 678
Thanks for the reply, Mr Trev. I'll give it a shot. I think I read that the tools are Windows-only, so I'll have to bring home my work laptop. Sounds like what I'd like is to copy the font from your theme over to CH23's theme. There's no way to do that besides the Windows-only tool?

From what I know you need the firmware tools to unpack/pack the firmware only. I can't say if there are different platform versions available.
BTW the font I used is Museo by ihint. Stumbled across it googling unicode fonts. The font for my other theme (pipboy) is a variant of droid.
I also think that there are some plain black backgrounds already in the stock firmware (charge/USB) that you can just copy and overwrite over the wallpaper. Once you get the firmware unpacked and have a look through the litegui folder you'll see what I mean.

Jan 20, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #81 of 678
is there a new editor for firmware 2.1?

some of the buttons present in 2.1 weren't there in 2.0.5 yet.

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #82 of 678
Hi !

I would like to know if it's possible to have source code of Fiio x3 ? 
Except modding themes, it would be cool than users can browse and add features to the x3.

Hope it will be possible,

Thanks for your great works ! 

Jan 20, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #83 of 678
Hi !

I would like to know if it's possible to have source code of Fiio x3 ? 
Except modding themes, it would be cool than users can browse and add features to the x3.

Hope it will be possible,

Thanks for your great works ! 

Sadly not, this was asked before; the firmware was made by, or with help of another company, and it contains proprietary parts.

Jan 21, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #84 of 678
https://mega.co.nz/#!OIAw3BLI!riSxMTe49j9FbXJUaXx4tIn5155-ZAvajOzqK9RtiAw

Latest version of the firmware (2.1) with my two themes.

i really like red and black, and i hope you'll enjoy my themes :)

they're maybe not as sophisticated as other members' themes, but i did all of the work in mspaint. i prefer simplicity...

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #86 of 678

I couldnt find any theme design for X3 i would like. To much colour or crazy anime culture for my eyes. So here is my design for everyone who prefer minimalistic black and white style. There is a few more changes than just these two sreens but im lazy to upload it. For example i changed some tittles in menu which was too long (Songs informations to Song info, Browse files to just Browse and few others). It comes with fw 2.1. Tittle changes comes only for english language. You install it just like new firmware.

download: soon

Feb 3, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #87 of 678

I couldnt find any theme design for X3 i would like. To much colour or crazy anime culture for my eyes. So here is my design for everyone who prefer minimalistic black and white style. There is a few more changes than just these two sreens but im lazy to upload it. For example i changed some tittles in menu which was too long (Songs informations to Song info, Browse files to just Browse and few others). It comes with fw 2.1. Tittle changes comes only for english language. You install it just like new firmware.

download: soon

Which file(s) did you edit to change the menu titles? I'd like to jump on that bandwagon! "Unknow" Album, Artist, and Genre bugs me :-/

Look forward to seeing your theme...

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #88 of 678
look into x3/str/english folder

im still doing some details on my theme... i will upload it today. i wanted to ask one thing... is there some program which allow me to view my created UI in pc? I uploaded new firmware like 20 times yesterday...

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #89 of 678
look into x3/str/english folder

im still doing some details on my theme... i will upload it today. i wanted to ask one thing... is there some program which allow me to view my created UI in pc? I uploaded new firmware like 20 times yesterday...

Look here: LINK. I haven't tried it yet, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back