Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › FiiO › DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3 - Page 3

post #31 of 326
Thread Starter 

I must said that Chinese user do better in the contest , here is some link for reference.

 

 

http://fiio.pw/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2933&extra=page%3D1

 

 

post #32 of 326
I think it has more to do with differences in taste...
post #33 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi101 View Post
 

Hi Trev, font size is not adjustable in any means so far. However, you may think using a high contrast background vs font color to make fonts clearer to read (eg. black vs white)

Changing fonts is also a way. Helvetica Neue, for example, is a good-looking plus very clear font.

 

For specific system attributes against each theme, let's hope James and his fellow engineers would come up with something more "DIY-able" during next service upgrade =P

I'm hoping Fiio will make it so there will be a bit more customization too (bigger icons for example). The lrc screen has a fair bit of empty space, so I was hoping there would be a way to bump the font size a point or 2. I'll give that helevetica neue font a try.

Any other recommendations for fonts that will work for all the languages X3 supports?

What's the best way to grab screen shots? Is everyone just doing mock-ups in the GFX software, or is there an easier way. (hint for Fiio....A GUI simulator would be a huge help.)

Cheers.

post #34 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Trev View Post
 

I'm hoping Fiio will make it so there will be a bit more customization too (bigger icons for example). The lrc screen has a fair bit of empty space, so I was hoping there would be a way to bump the font size a point or 2. I'll give that helevetica neue font a try.

Any other recommendations for fonts that will work for all the languages X3 supports?

What's the best way to grab screen shots? Is everyone just doing mock-ups in the GFX software, or is there an easier way. (hint for Fiio....A GUI simulator would be a huge help.)

Cheers.

Actually there is one! And here you are:

 

http://www.sendspace.com/file/r6oiux

 

This is based on fw1.31 but the theme part is merely the same for 2.05

Just replace the theme as normal you do in the \data\res\litegui directory and run liteGUI.exe and enjoy!

You may also move music files to the \sys & \usr folder and GUI can funution as an normal player~

 

Control key note:

Enter=Enter
ESC=Back
Arrow Left/Right=Volume Up/Down

Arrow Up/Down=Forward/Backward
F1=Connect to USB
F2=Disconnect from USB
F3=Lock
F4=Unlock
F5=Plug in SD card
F6=Pull out SD card
F7=Charging
F8=Stop charging
Backspace=Turn off and go to charging if F7 is ON;Turn off and quit program if F8 is ON

post #35 of 326

Many thanks. I've gotten a bit spoiled using the rockbox theme editor/simulator. This should make things a bit easier to test.

post #36 of 326

Here's a theme I've been working on. A fairly simple black & red honeycomb type theme. I doubt it's contest worthy, but I'm not sure if I'm finished with it yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzyf1fv8c9gvdu0/x3.7z

 

 

 

CC is always welcome.....

Cheers.

post #37 of 326
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Trev View Post
 

Here's a theme I've been working on. A fairly simple black & red honeycomb type theme. I doubt it's contest worthy, but I'm not sure if I'm finished with it yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzyf1fv8c9gvdu0/x3.7z

 

 

 

CC is always welcome.....

Cheers.

 

a little similar with the UI for X5, lol

post #38 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi101 View Post
 

Actually there is one! And here you are:

 

http://www.sendspace.com/file/r6oiux

 

This is based on fw1.31 but the theme part is merely the same for 2.05

Just replace the theme as normal you do in the \data\res\litegui directory and run liteGUI.exe and enjoy!

You may also move music files to the \sys & \usr folder and GUI can funution as an normal player~

 

Control key note:

Enter=Enter
ESC=Back
Arrow Left/Right=Volume Up/Down

Arrow Up/Down=Forward/Backward
F1=Connect to USB
F2=Disconnect from USB
F3=Lock
F4=Unlock
F5=Plug in SD card
F6=Pull out SD card
F7=Charging
F8=Stop charging
Backspace=Turn off and go to charging if F7 is ON;Turn off and quit program if F8 is ON


this is almost heavenly!

with this it's so much easier to create and change a theme!

post #39 of 326
As a represenative of Head Fis largest thread, the Head Fi Asian Anime and Music Lounge, I love the miku X3 themes biggrin.gif
post #40 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

a little similar with the UI for X5, lol

 

Great minds think alike???

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post
 


this is almost heavenly!

with this it's so much easier to create and change a theme!

 

That GUI sim is a huge help. No more having to update the X3 just to find some doesn't look right. The biggest prob I have now is the big difference between colors on the X3 and my laptop screen.

post #41 of 326

Thanks all for the appreciations / suggestions for the Miku theme ;)

I have designed another theme for non-anime holic

Based on X3's cool brush-finish layout, I tried to make a consistent wallpaper plus a orange/blue contrasting layout

 

 

 

Ladies and gentlemen, the Extreme Dark :wink:

Hope you will like it~

 

 

Firmware File (FW2.05): http://www.sendspace.com/file/0fbc2r

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A reality demo =]

 


Edited by watashi101 - 10/31/13 at 12:08am
post #42 of 326

Miku wins automatically, but oh well.

post #43 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi101 View Post
 

Thanks all for the appreciations / suggestions for the Miku theme ;)

I have designed another theme for non-anime holic

Based on X3's cool brush-finish layout, I tried to make a consistent wallpaper plus a orange/blue contrasting layout

 

 

 

Ladies and gentlemen, the Extreme Dark :wink:

Hope you will like it~

 

 

 

 

 

Now I have theme-envy....:D

 

Looks good....(definitely need to work on mine more)

post #44 of 326

Hi, Watashi101

It be exactly what I'm wanted. Black and Orange. Only in setting "custom volume" is item "Options" in Chinese. Language is set to "english." It is minor bug. Thank you for an excellent job. Thumbs up.

post #45 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi101 View Post
 

Thanks all for the appreciations / suggestions for the Miku theme ;)

I have designed another theme for non-anime holic

Based on X3's cool brush-finish layout, I tried to make a consistent wallpaper plus a orange/blue contrasting layout

 

...

 

Ladies and gentlemen, the Extreme Dark :wink:

Hope you will like it~

 

 

Firmware File (FW2.05): http://www.sendspace.com/file/0fbc2r

 

...

 

 

This is now installed on my X3. Loving it so far. Minor observations: The font needs to be a little bit bolder so that the vertical strokes don't disappear on the tags displayed on the "lyrics" view, the green used in the battery level display when fully charged doesn't match the rest of the theme too well. I don't know if these are fixable but neither are show stoppers, just little tweaks. It's staying installed on my X3 either way 8^).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FiiO
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › FiiO › DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3