DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
Oct 12, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #16 of 678
Hi,  I'd request.Tried be created some theme. Unfortunately it simply I don't know. Could somebody give a little some time and create simple theme according to next needs?
Menu:
1) Background = black (without a picture)
2) Text = orange
3) Selected files: background = yellov, text = black

Play Screen:

2) Text = orange
3) Progress bar = Orange

Boot and Shutdown screen can be the same.

I would have most grateful for help.

Oct 12, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #17 of 678
Hi,  I'd request.Tried be created some theme. Unfortunately it simply I don't know. Could somebody give a little some time and create simple theme according to next needs?
Menu:
2) Text = orange
3) Selected files: background = yellov, text = black

Play Screen:

2) Text = orange
3) Progress bar = Orange

Boot and Shutdown screen can be the same.

I would have most grateful for help.

Hi Marty,

I'll look into it this week when i have the time, but the easiest way to try it yourself, is by opening the firmware file, and "recolour" the images, if needed even one by one, then updating it to your Fiio X3, and see what has changed.

That's how i did it :)

a lot of the images or filenames give a clue as to what they're for already too!

Oct 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #18 of 678
Thank you for help. At all it is not urgent. Of course I'm it tried, but that work really isn't my cup of tea. This combination colours may I have namely proven on rockboxed  IAudio X5L. Because shall I weak eyesight is concerned me about what maximum contrast and this combination suits me best, especially on daylight.
Once more cheers if find time.

Oct 14, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #19 of 678
Oct 14, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #20 of 678
Oct 16, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #24 of 678
  need advise, more info which files I can change, which has have the same resolution, what can't I modify, etc.
Tutorial about 'FirmwareTools' would be grat.
Thanks!

you can change every image file, remember that the images are "fixed" on the top left side, so if you make an image larger, it will get larger to the right and bottom.

the themes can be found in litegui > theme(number)
inside the theme folders there is also a "config.ini" file, which is used for the text colours. you'd have to look up hexadecimal codes for colours.
http://www.color-hex.com/ might help you.

the codes are 2 digits per colour, so RR GG BB, from 0 to F (0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F) red: FF0000 green: 00FF00 blue: 0000FF

-CH23

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #25 of 678
Anyone have an idea if/how you can change the font size (other than just switching to a larger font). I'm trying to create a theme that will be more readable outdoors, and would like to use a bigger font size on the playing screen without changing the rest of the theme.
Also, is it possible to tie the system settings to a specific theme. For my outdoor theme maybe have a brighter backlight setting for example.
Hopefully I can have something worth uploading in a few days....
Cheers.

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #26 of 678
High fellow HF buddies, this is watashi101, the Miku Theme creator. I'm also surprised Miku is recognized here! =P
If you are a Vocaloid fans, you may wish to try out my theme --- Mikurism

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j3t80s
The theme's based on firmware 2.05

I'll also try to help if you come on technical problems while DIY-ing your own theme.
Lets make our X3 personal =]

ib087q5BmTZY6E.jpg

igZd5pqDBX6yB.jpg

iu5SpDSyYLdaW.jpg

iwC20lCxL4HZ7.jpg

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #27 of 678
High fellow HF buddies, this is watashi101, the Miku Theme creator. I'm also surprised Miku is recognized here! =P

Awesome work there!! While I'm not a big Miku fan, I can really appreciate the work you put into this. Very impressive.

Dale

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #28 of 678
  Anyone have an idea if/how you can change the font size (other than just switching to a larger font). I'm trying to create a theme that will be more readable outdoors, and would like to use a bigger font size on the playing screen without changing the rest of the theme.
Also, is it possible to tie the system settings to a specific theme. For my outdoor theme maybe have a brighter backlight setting for example.
Hopefully I can have something worth uploading in a few days....
Cheers.

Hi Trev, font size is not adjustable in any means so far. However, you may think using a high contrast background vs font color to make fonts clearer to read (eg. black vs white)
Changing fonts is also a way. Helvetica Neue, for example, is a good-looking plus very clear font.

For specific system attributes against each theme, let's hope James and his fellow engineers would come up with something more "DIY-able" during next service upgrade =P

Oct 28, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #29 of 678
  Hi Trev, font size is not adjustable in any means so far. However, you may think using a high contrast background vs font color to make fonts clearer to read (eg. black vs white)
Changing fonts is also a way. Helvetica Neue, for example, is a good-looking plus very clear font.

For specific system attributes against each theme, let's hope James and his fellow engineers would come up with something more "DIY-able" during next service upgrade =P

Wow that's a lot of work you put into the theme...and it looks beautiful. Don't mind if I use it right xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back