DIY guide: making your own custom IEM sleeves/tips (56k, get outta here!)
Jan 15, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #32 of 78
Update on sleeves... I don't know about this... lol
tongue.gif

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #36 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftyGorilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah. Head-Fi at its finest!

I loled too. All my concers are that Westone or ACS use BIOMEDICAL silicone. I hope you dont get allergic to this silicone.

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #37 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by piotrus-g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I loled too. All my concers are that Westone or ACS use BIOMEDICAL silicone. I hope you dont get allergic to this silicone.

Or to the acrylic paint. When I ordered my custom silicone molds, Starkey told me that allergic reactions to dyes are way more common than reactions to silicone, so they will usually recommend clear color to people with allergic reactions.

Jan 17, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #38 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or to the acrylic paint. When I ordered my custom silicone molds, Starkey told me that allergic reactions to dyes are way more common than reactions to silicone, so they will usually recommend clear color to people with allergic reactions.

allergic to acrylic paint? I spent most of my high school career (I was constantly painting/in an art class) covered in the stuff and it never bothered me.

Jan 17, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #39 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
allergic to acrylic paint? I spent most of my high school career (I was constantly painting/in an art class) covered in the stuff and it never bothered me.

you're not allergic to it, but other people may be.

Jan 17, 2010 at 9:13 AM Post #42 of 78
I wonder if it's possible to make a mold of the IEM with the same material used for ear impression? Then make a duplicate of the IEM housing, so you don't have to risk the actual IEM while creating the custom sleeve....

Jan 17, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #45 of 78
dsc0038.png

That's hilarious. Would make a great avatar. Gotta give props to the ingenuity and willingness to experiment here. Very interested to see how this turns out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back