DITA Audio Project M Discussion Thread
Apr 2, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #76 of 96
The Project M takes cable rolling very well. I tried it with the Nightjar Acoustics Vanguard and it warmed the mids quite a bit.

Also give it a few day of burn it and the treble will be smoother.
Yup, a Hong Kong reviewer suggested Effect Audio Ares S, I think a copper-coloured cable looks sick paring with the PM.

Apr 7, 2024 at 6:43 AM Post #77 of 96
Hello friends. My set is now at +200hours and I’ve really noticed the bottom end has a denser presentation with more weight, which I now no longer perceive as “thin” as I did in earlier listening. Brain burn / burn in, who knows, but I’m no longer applying the slight EQ I was via RS8. Doesn’t change the fact that this is far from a bass head IEM, but for me, it’s a really tasteful somewhat neutral tuning with some fantastic technicalities.

Still can’t get over the bargain price point. What a time to be enjoying IEM’s!

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 12:17 AM Post #78 of 96
My Dita PM are quickly turning into my most used IEMs. Burning-in does make a difference with taming upper treble > 50h. Wonder if we will see more changes after a few hundred more hours~

IER-Z1R arriving today to fight for my ears~

The thumping in this track is sooooooo nice on the PM.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #80 of 96
Hello friends. My set is now at +200hours and I’ve really noticed the bottom end has a denser presentation with more weight, which I now no longer perceive as “thin” as I did in earlier listening. Brain burn / burn in, who knows, but I’m no longer applying the slight EQ I was via RS8. Doesn’t change the fact that this is far from a bass head IEM, but for me, it’s a really tasteful somewhat neutral tuning with some fantastic technicalities.

Still can’t get over the bargain price point. What a time to be enjoying IEM’s!
Right! After they burn in they become magical! The price is crazy for what you get!

Apr 9, 2024 at 10:44 PM Post #81 of 96
Has anybody tried the Dita Project M with Pentaconn Coreir Brass eartips? I think they sound amazing with it. Burning-in my pair about 120ish hours now and still going.
Yup, but Pentaconn just released the AL Alloy version last month and you gotta try it. The AL Alloy version has much better separation while maintaining all the good stuffs the Brass version provides.

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #82 of 96
Yup, but Pentaconn just released the AL Alloy version last month and you gotta try it. The AL Alloy version has much better separation while maintaining all the good stuffs the Brass version provides.
Personally still prefer the brass on them. I have both versions.

Man, I'm sticking with playing them off the iPod 5G (with SSD mod). Ridiculously good combo for casual listening. Feeling so hip with them out in the cafe haha..
Cross post:

DO01000196.jpeg

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:29 AM Post #83 of 96
Personally still prefer the brass on them. I have both versions.

Man, I'm sticking with playing them off the iPod 5G (with SSD mod). Ridiculously good combo for casual listening. Feeling so hip with them out in the cafe haha..
Cross post:

DO01000196.jpeg
Beautiful shot, wow!

Apr 12, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #84 of 96
It's crazy but the PM is currently the ones occupying my ears the most~! Not even the newly arrived IER-Z1R has managed to dethrone it. There's just something about the soundstage and the quality of the bass that keeps pulling me back. That and the comfort of course.

Apr 12, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #85 of 96
It's crazy but the PM is currently the ones occupying my ears the most~! Not even the newly arrived IER-Z1R has managed to dethrone it. There's just something about the soundstage and the quality of the bass that keeps pulling me back. That and the comfort of course.
Yeah same, they are all I'm using at the moment. Very enjoyable listening experience 👌🏻😃

Apr 13, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #86 of 96
You guys find a good cable replacement that doesn't stick out the socket yet? I lay down with my iems on my bed so I can't use the ones that protrude

Aaaaaannndd I lost my frickin 3.5mm awesome plug. Unbelievable lol

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #90 of 96
can you compare PM and Pilgrim. I am eyeing the Pilgrim (I own the PM too)

As a background, gear was a 1AM2 with C9 on High Gain. Mixed of offline and Tidal tracks used. Genre was mostly Pop and R&B.

The Pilgrim sounded flat (may I say to the point that it was uneventful). Nothing stood out with the Pilgrim. I just sounded ok to me, Ok bass, ok mids, ok highs. Resolving, for its price, yes - but resolving that stays within its price range. I'm much more happier with my Gaea.

PM has more (much more) treble energy, bordering shouty? A bit, I can still tolerate it (I'm sure the proper tips will tame this). Pretty happy with the rest of the spectrum. Fun sounding to me.

But the Pilgrim, I was sad to hear it. Was quite looking forward to it but was saddened in the 1st few minutes of listening to it - maybe that's why Effect Audio tweaked the hell out of it (Noir).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back