DITA Audio Project M Discussion Thread
Jan 15, 2024 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 96

inscythe

100+ Head-Fier
Just tried a demo unit of this IEM recently in Singapore, very interesting design and apparently DITA's first hybrid, resin IEM with 1DD+1BA configuration at US$325. Currently available in Japan at the time of this posting.

1705330364540.png

From the DITA JP's site,
Housing material: Resin​
Drivers:
- 1x 9.8mm PM1+ Dynamic Driver​
- 1x Knowles Balanced Armature​
Impedance: 32Ω @ 1kHz​
Sensitivity: 107db/mW @ 1kHz​
Connector: 2pin 0.78mm​
Cable: Cardas "MOCCA" 1.2m​
Others: "Awesome Plug" modular 4.4mm/3.5mm, Tanos Systainer​
1705331483617.png

1705331519007.png

1705331547037.png

I'll be posting some impressions when I get access to the full retail package. That Systainer thing looks dope.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #3 of 96
Jan 15, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #4 of 96
Jan 16, 2024 at 6:27 AM Post #5 of 96
Just some heads-up. The 2pin port is apparently a bit raised and the stock cable accommodates a bit for that. That means while the IEM itself can be used with other cables, the stock cable is likely not immediately usable with other IEMs.

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #7 of 96
Re the case: In the first post photograph you can see a bit of the internal liner coming away on the front edge. Is the liner meant to be glued in or removable / replaceable
Unsure about that... I'll let you know when I get my hands on retail unit.

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #8 of 96
Re the case: In the first post photograph you can see a bit of the internal liner coming away on the front edge. Is the liner meant to be glued in or removable / replaceable
Checked my personal unit, the lining is adhered to the case by double sided tape, so can be considered to removable.

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #9 of 96
Checked my personal unit, the lining is adhered to the case by double sided tape, so can be considered to removable.
wow cool, you already have one! can you share some impressions of the Project M?

Jan 16, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #10 of 96
I couldn’t get any info about their support regarding to if this unit ready to ship or not. Also where they ship from…

Jan 17, 2024 at 3:30 AM Post #12 of 96
I demoed the Project M about two weeks back and I'd say this impressive IEM sounds like it should be priced in the kilobuck range. The fit is really comfortable for extended listening (>2hrs) and can be further augmented with the baroque eartips. I enjoyed it so much that I placed an order on the spot.

Word of warning though, while testing the Project M, I did encounter some sibilance on certain tracks. Fortunately, it wasn't severe enough to deter me from making the purchase.

Also, could we take a moment to appreciate the beauty of the clear resin shells that house the shiny inner steel chambers?😍

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #13 of 96
Haven’t been able to spend much time listening at all since picking up the Project M over the past* weekend. So these are quick and dirty initial impressions:

Overall packaging, aesthetics, fit and finish is excellent on par with all Dita products that I have ever purchased or encountered. The included cable is excellent, though the omission of a sliding cinch was a poor decision.

The interchangeable termination is very nice, a welcome refinement since the pioneering Awesome Plug (not sure if that is the actual name) system. The only downside imo is that they have opted to use the QDC style of IEM connectors instead of standard 2pin (would have been even better if the IEM was recessed 2pin).

Also would like to note that this is the best fitting Dita ear phone that I have ever worn, either owned or demo’ed.

Sound wise, I find that it has a rather neutral tonality, there as not a particular frequency range that seemed out of place.
Bass texture is sufficient, impact and slam is adequate at louder volumes. Adding to that, there does not seem to be much or any mid bass bloat, low frequencies are clean overall.

The mid range is clear and articulate with good separation well into the upper treble registers. Busy tracks are well rendered, no signs of congestion.

Similar situation with treble overall, everything is clean and well represented. If anything there is a slight lift in the treble frequencies, though nothing painful from my limited listening time.

Overall I have found that the Project M is a well tuned neutral IEM, that actually scales well with a bit more power, which can work with * noisy hissy sources like the ifi go blue. Considering sound, packaging and gorgeous aesthetics I believe that the Project M is a good value entry point to Dita and definitely worth demo if not only to admire its awesome build quality and attention to details.

- edited out some mistakes at *

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back