Disco And Nu-Disco
Jul 29, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #33 of 369
Jul 29, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #34 of 369
I have a few more K-disco tracks to post. But it's gettin late here, so this may be all for tonight. To be continued, as they say. :)

Jul 29, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #39 of 369
The journey through K-discoland continues with some new Gyeong Ree, of the group 9Muses...

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #41 of 369
There are definitely some disco-y elements on that track, FullBright1, as on many of Justin T's tunes.

I could probably choose any 3 singles at random by the group 9Muses btw, and chances are at least 2 would have some kind of disco-related vibe.

This track is a 9Muses classic. Be advised that 9Muses tunes are often on the brighter side (like alot of K-pop dance tracks)...

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #42 of 369
This is also a more straight up dance track. But it (also) retains some more disco-y elements like the persistent stylized rhythm guitar, and the throbbing "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" bassline on the chorus.

This used to be one of my favorite groups before all the ladies' contracts began expiring, and they started leaving to pursue solo careers, and what have you. They were down to only 8 muses when this vid was made. And I think there are only 4 left now. This is an ear-slammer...

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #44 of 369
I'm gonna stay with the up-tempo stuff a bit longer, with the help of T-ara and a couple more youth-oriented groups. Feel free to take a Carpenters break, or go out for a smoke while the kids watch these. A few of these are kinda fun though. This one features some blood and zombies...

Jul 30, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #45 of 369
Apink does both ballads, and up-tempo pop/dance tracks which are often disco-inspired including their newest track "I'm So Sick". The disco vibe is probably most front and center though on this older track...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back