Dilemma: Should I not believe any reviewers who talk about cables or just ignore that section of their review?
Jul 3, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #1,636 of 1,790
I don't know what you're talking about, I'm afraid.

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #1,637 of 1,790
Spirituality and philosophical talks in a science forum?

That is more than off-topic even for this thread

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #1,638 of 1,790
Don't you  read the posts in the "objectivists  cafe" They go into the realms of  phycology -read them again. Putting forward theories as to why human beings are  not complying with scientific theory and that science in relation to hi-fi is ""perfect""  and its humans that "not perfect" if they dont agree with the purely scientific view point and are therefore heavily criticised on a phycological level. Its time there was a "subjectivists cafe" giving back what is given out there.and sticking up for human beings which some here dont think they are.  

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #1,639 of 1,790
it really seems the subset I call the "naive subjectivists" are the ones with comic book super hero beliefs about their perception - the ones denying what it means to be human

Science tells us lots about the fallibility, malleability of conscious interpretation of our sense inputs, our memory of them

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #1,640 of 1,790
Quote:
it really seems the subset I call the "naive subjectivists" are the ones with comic book super hero beliefs about their perception - the ones denying what it means to be human

Science tells us lots about the fallibility, malleability of conscious interpretation of our sense inputs, our memory of them

You get my applause for this comment.  Bravo. 

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #1,641 of 1,790
Quote:
Don't you  read the posts in the "objectivists  cafe" They go into the realms of  phycology

Psychology is a big part of perception. What we believe we hear can affect what we think we hear, whether it's true or not. Contrary to popular opinion, psychology is a science!

Feel free to create a subjectivists cafe in one of the non-scientific forums. That's a fine idea. I'll donate some patchouli to the cause!

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #1,642 of 1,790
Quote:
Don't you  read the posts in the "objectivists  cafe" They go into the realms of  phycology -read them again. Putting forward theories as to why human beings are  not complying with scientific theory and that science in relation to hi-fi is ""perfect""  and its humans that "not perfect" if they dont agree with the purely scientific view point and are therefore heavily criticised on a phycological level. Its time there was a "subjectivists cafe" giving back what is given out there.and sticking up for human beings which some here dont think they are.  

Scientific theory about human hearing as it relates to hi-fi was based upon the response of human hearing to sound.  So this isn't humans not complying.  The science as far as it goes fits humans as that was how it developed. 

Now on the other hand, people claiming to hear things that aren't real just because they subjectively perceive them for other reasons is not failing to comply.  It is simply what happens to human perception under certain well known conditions.  There is a goodly amount of science on that aspect also. 

It actually seems duncan1, perhaps the misplaced idea of perfection is behind your viewpoint.  You seem to think human perception is perfect and infallible.  That is actually a not very human idea.  Scientists aren't out to dehumanize human beings.  Just unravel what can objectively be unraveled.  Humans are wonderful, incredible creatures.  Perfect they aren't, nor are their senses of perception.

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #1,643 of 1,790
the study of human psyche is science though....

Jul 4, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #1,645 of 1,790
Don't you realize that the comments in "objectives" cafe are a phycology exercise     that is followed by a group of people and that by default that makes "objectivity" a philosophy and a philosophy is a "higher" esoteric belief.in something insubstantial.  followed by even more people. Its a case of what philosophy you believe in.I believe in human beings -robots will never reach the level of the spirit in man.that enjoys music and calms "the savage beast" and makes people more "at one" with each other in other words -quote from Rabbie Burns--that man to man the World over shall brothers be for all that--end quote. Its as far from being achieved now as it was in his day. 

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #1,646 of 1,790
Getting back to the practical, the only way to decide whether to listen to someone's opinion on anything audio is to compare your personal experience with theirs over time.

If you find a good match over time, then you can probably use their opinions as a guide in the future.

There is just too much "personal preference" in headphones for any shortcuts.

There are people who post in these forums with thousands of posts, who clearly know far more than I ever will about audio equipment, and whose opinions I find entirely useless because their ear does not match mine (no disrespect intended).

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #1,647 of 1,790
Quote:
And you have made it a neo-philosophical forum in many of your posts in  Head- Fi. If you can bring philosophy/ phycology   into Head  Fi -well I can AS WELL . If you cant answer with a rebut of my philosophical/spiritual comments then stick to technical hi-fi comments which I don't mind commenting on.   

Quote:

Quote:
Don't you realize that the comments in "objectives" cafe are a phycology exercise     that is followed by a group of people and that by default that makes "objectivity" a philosophy and a philosophy is a "higher" esoteric belief.in something insubstantial.  followed by even more people. Its a case of what philosophy you believe in.I believe in human beings -robots will never reach the level of the spirit in man.that enjoys music and calms "the savage beast" and makes people more "at one" with each other in other words -quote from Rabbie Burns--that man to man the World over shall brothers be for all that--end quote. Its as far from being achieved now as it was in his day. 

So what is it with you and the science of algae?

Jul 5, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #1,649 of 1,790
Quote:

Until you have command of the language, put a sock in it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back