Did I buy a mono plug???
Jun 23, 2008 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Citizen86

100+ Head-Fier
Went to the local store today, was going to recable my KSC75's, brought the plug home, it's some generic gold-colored plug (best I can get in the area), but I'm looking at it... and there is no ring or tip... there are two contacts with holes, but they are connected by the same piece of metal...

So that means mono, right? I hate being a noob... but gotta start somewhere

Jun 23, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick 214 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can still use it, get another mono, and recable as "dual-mono" then get a splitter/combiner to use with a stereo jack...

Nick

Could... but that would be a whole lot of extra work when I can just go buy a stereo plug... unless it would improve SQ or something, but I doubt that... like balanced mini plugs?

Jun 23, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Citizen86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could... but that would be a whole lot of extra work when I can just go buy a stereo plug... unless it would improve SQ or something, but I doubt that... like balanced mini plugs?

No point, since the whole cable will still share a common ground on the amp's end.

Jun 23, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No point, since the whole cable will still share a common ground on the amp's end.

Thanks, so back to the store for a stereo plug then.

Jun 23, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #8 of 9
I seem to recall a few of the Sharp "Auvi" MD players having dual-mono 1/8" jacks.

Jun 24, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #9 of 9
Got it recabled, used cat5 wire though so it's pretty stiff.... but I got my stereo plug, and hey, it works, mission accomplished. This recabling business isn't too hard once you get the hang of it
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back