Devel Sixteen debuts in Dubai - 5,000 hp and 350-mph top speed
Nov 13, 2013 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

HiGHFLYiN9

Member of the Trade: Zynsonix
As a car lover this is probably one of the most interesting things I've seen in a long time, aside from perhaps the carbon-fiber clad Alfa Romeo 4C's planned release in the U.S., is the Devel Sixteen. The Devel is a sixteen cylinder car that looks like a bit like a Pagini Zonda, a bit like a fighter jet, and they say it has a 350+ mile per hour top speed, which seems almost unbelievable. Some of the blogs out there seem to think this isn't even possible. We've seen speeds to nearly 800mph in the Black Rock Desert Salt flats, do you guys think a production road car can hit 350? The fastest road cars to date (if I'm not mistaken) are the Hennessey Venom GT and the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, both in the high 260s. 

Nov 15, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #3 of 6
Don't believe everything you read or I'll take with a grain of salt those numbers.

For example: No rear wheel drive can handle the amount of torque that beast generates, we have to assume the car is all wheel drive and the amount of technology under the hood should be interesting to study.
The tires are also a concern, Edit** yes, they mentioned in the article those are not road legal tires.
The car was made to prove a point: Arabs can also do big things and inflate numbers

It looks interesting IMO the shape. 

Nov 16, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #4 of 6
Huge car enthusiast here.

I've read somewhere that this monster has 5000hp and can do 0-60 in 1.8 which is absolutely astonishing. However I still won't believe that until I see it in a video. Oh, and the Venom GT has been dethroned. The new Alpha Omega GTR took its place. It did 1/4 mile in 7 seconds. 0-60 takes only 1.7, yup let that sink in. 1.7

We need more car maniacs on Head-Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back