Detroit Metro Meet?
Feb 17, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #61 of 75
Set the date on some weekend and I'll come.

Feb 18, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #62 of 75
I too have a flexible schedule. I would love for someone to bring some hifiman he-series and also some Audeze. Ive been dreaming of hearing orthos since i first heard about them here. I am a fairly poor man and would only be able to afford them if i won the lottery lol. But i do have some stuff to contribute.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #63 of 75
I'm in Sterling Heights and would love to get involved in a local meet. I would be happy to bring my HD650, HE-500, and Asgard 2 as well as my 1964 Ears V6 CIEMs.

We need to make this happen since Head-Fi is in our backyard!

Feb 22, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #66 of 75
Hi all,

After reading this thread, I have decided that I would like to organize a metro Detroit meet. It seems like there's quite a bit of interest but it appears to have still been a no-go.

I suppose I would need a little assistance:

1. Poll for dates: I can't seem to figure out how to create a poll on Head-Fi. My thought was to create a poll with three specific possible dates. I'm thinking I would like to get responses that are firm. In other words, my thought is to use this to determine head count. Can anyone direct me how to do this?

2. Book a location: Once we have a number who can commit to a date, then we can determine location. I'm willing to spring for a location for the first meet, within reason. I'm thinking a hotel/community college conference room in Troy/Sterling Heights because they are centrally located, good highway access, etc.). I would need help with set-up, tear down, etc. the day of the meet.

3. Prep: My thought would be to set-up a registration site (not sure where, how, etc yet), where the participants can register for the meet with equipment being shared, head-fi name, etc. any thoughts on where this can be done would be appreciated. Then we would create registration lanyards or badges, table name tents and meet layout map.

4. Expect the best, plan for the worst: I think we can't be disappointed if the first area meet is a little small. That's ok the way I see it. Once we do the first, I think we'll see more serious interest in future meets. This where gauging FIRM interest is so critical.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm open to anyone who is willing to step up and help. I'm used to running projects so getting the meet together is not too worrisome for me. I'm also very receptive to others ideas, opinions, and suggestions. The way I see it, we just need someone to step-up and get it off the ground. I'm willing to do that.

Sooooooooo, how do I set-up a poll?

Mar 11, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #72 of 75
i think we all need to stop with the "i'll definitely show up". First of all, we need someone to commit to a certain date and a certain location. After that is set up, we can take a poll on who will or wont be there, set up an entrance fee (to help pay for food/rental facility) and see what happens.

If someone owns a house, just have the get together there. There wont be more than 20 people showing up.

Mar 11, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #73 of 75
I agree that date and location should be created, however, I live out of state and it will be hard for me to really plan anything. Please keep the thread updated and I will work around what you all decide.

Mar 15, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #74 of 75
I started a new thread to choose a date for the metro Detroit meet/party/get together. It's here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/710275/metro-detroit-2014-meet-party-get-together.

May 10, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #75 of 75
It's official!

We have a date and location set for a 2014 Metro Detroit meet-up...

For all the information, click here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back