Detroit Metro Meet?
Jul 2, 2013 at 9:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

Wraith13

Head-Fier
Would anyone be interested in putting together a meet in the Detroit Metro area?  I'm willing to do a lot of the legwork on this but could use some advice on how to put one together.  If you have experience doing these, could you shoot me a PM?  I know the Head-Fi guys are in Michigan and I would love to have their help.  Just testing the waters to see if we can't come up with something fun for late Summer, Fall, or early Winter timeframe.  There is a poll above to indicate when you might be interested to attend.  Also, if interested let me know if you have a preference on where the Meet would take place (Downtown, Troy, Ann Arbor, Southfield).  Thanks.

Jul 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 75
Great, I'm glad someone is paying attention to this thread!  I just wish we could get some support from the Head-fi guys maybe then it might take off a bit more.  I'll post anything I hear from them on this thread.

Jul 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #9 of 75
Quote:
I wrote a note to Jude about having a meet and he never replied. He has had meetings in his office, but he appears to be too busy. This would be fun.

Yeah, I never heard anything back either.  Early next month I will be able to devote some more time to trying to get this going.  I'll keep you all posted.

Aug 3, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #10 of 75
I'd be interested in attending such a meet. I'd be happy to help provide some guidance wrt meet setup and such...Ive done several so i should be able to help avoid the pitfalls. PM me when you get a chance, though be forewarned I will be traveling for the next few days and may be slow to respond.

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #11 of 75
Would love to help (more), but am going to be busy, busy, busy with med school at the end of August throughout the next year. However, I would attend if another Michigan meet comes to fruition :)

PM me if you want any advice since blitzxgene and I tried our hand at a small meet this past April.

Aug 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #13 of 75
I'm new, but I would be interested in coming out to learn more.  Something around Troy/Auburn Hills would be best for me.  My schedule is very fluid so I can't say a time.  I'll just try to come if it works out. :)

Aug 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #14 of 75
I am definitely interested! I am just starting my HeadFi journey, so this would be my first meet. Probably anywhere along 94 from downtown up to Chesterfield will work for me. My western perimeter would be 75 mostly, up to around Troy or Sterling Hts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back