Denver Spring Meet 2017 - May 20th
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #77 of 100
I've updated what I'm bringing in the spreadsheet. Also, I only live like 10 min. from the location, so if we need any extra power strips, folding chairs, etc. let me know. Also, I've got some nice stereo amps I'm trying to sell if anyone wants me to bring them along to check out. I've also finished making some new interconnect cables that should be done by then.

May 19, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #80 of 100
Ug. I'm on the road, but realized I forgot my power charge for my MacBook Pro. Anyone bringing a MacBook with the MagSafe charger? Specifically yhe MagSafe 2 charger?

May 19, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #82 of 100
Just saw this thread. I'm in town for business and would love to attend. I have a few things I would be more than happy to bring along if there is any interest. I don't have any spectacular source equipment or amps with me. Just an IDSD and a mojo. I have a few sets of cans with me I can bring, a Hifiman Edition X V1, Fostex TH900MK2 and a set of Audeze LCD-4's. Have to see how the schedule turns out tomorrow but will definitely do my best to stop by.

May 19, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #83 of 100
Just saw this thread. I'm in town for business and would love to attend. I have a few things I would be more than happy to bring along if there is any interest. I don't have any spectacular source equipment or amps with me. Just an IDSD and a mojo. I have a few sets of cans with me I can bring, a Hifiman Edition X V1, Fostex TH900MK2 and a set of Audeze LCD-4's. Have to see how the schedule turns out tomorrow but will definitely do my best to stop by.
I would definitely love to hear the chord , hifimans, and lcds

May 20, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #84 of 100
Well! We can do our own unofficial LCD-4 vs Utopia shootout!

I'm really looking forward to listening to the LCD-4.

May 20, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #85 of 100
Looks like I'll be able to make it for a bit--hopefully on the early side.
I'll plan on bringing TH-x00 and Cavalli liquid carbon and a Lake People DAC RS06 with a Surface tablet running Darin Fong's Out of Your Head with a W4S Recovery. I'll also bring along a PHA-3. If anyone is interested in the DAC, the Fostex or a pair of JH Audio Layla I (universal/A&K) version, they may be for sale--I want to buy a pair of Ether C Flows :).

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #86 of 100
I must be cursed. I have had the last 6 weekends free of work. I got a call at 6:30 this morning. Am working on some systems issues.
I will see whether I can come over a bit later. Sorry to anyone planning on hearing my stuff!

May 20, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #87 of 100
I must be cursed. I have had the last 6 weekends free of work. I got a call at 6:30 this morning. Am working on some systems issues.
I will see whether I can come over a bit later. Sorry to anyone planning on hearing my stuff!
I'm destined to never get to hear an HE-560 at a meet :)

The meet was great. Volume of people was low, but quality was high :)

IMG_2238.jpg

Our fearless leader and meet organizer: @arteom

IMG_2239.jpg

@mhpsd

IMG_2240.jpg

@Sonoma-Gus brought a Sonoma Model One. Very cool. Sounds extremely nice, if a little polite, but just a tad. Bass was very well defined and had excellent impact. A worthy summit-fi entry

IMG_2242.jpg

This rotund gentleman brought way too much stuff and drive from too far away :)

IMG_2243.jpg

Steven Stone from audiophile review. Brought some nice stuff, including a Sony ZR1.
http://audiophilereview.com/authors/steven-stone.html

IMG_2244.jpg

@ChaseM happened to be in town and happen to have his LCD-4 with him! Many of us spent time comparing the LCD4 to the Utopia. There certainly is a difference. The LCD-4 is a little smoother and the Utopia might be considered a little harsher. Hard to say which is better, but I can certainly see haw many would prefer the LCD-4.

IMG_2245.jpg

@sharktopus fooled us all with his stealth HE-500 hidden under an HE-560 headband. He had good stuff.

IMG_2247.jpg

Shy @poto brought some nice gear, including the surprisingly good, and affordable, Trinity Audio Vyrus V2.

There were a few other there. Sorry I missed pictures of them. All in all, a great meet for both equipment and the opportunity to chat with folks as mentally unbalanced as I am :) Thanks for attending.

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #88 of 100
I'm destined to never get to hear an HE-560 at a meet :)

There were a few other there. Sorry I missed pictures of them. All in all, a great meet for both equipment and the opportunity to chat with folks as mentally unbalanced as I am :) Thanks for attending.

Darn... I missed the second one in a row... I wish I could have been there, I really do. Hopefully we can do it again. If so, I swear I am going to turn the cell phone off and avoid Outlook for 12 hours before the meet.

I had everything packed and ready to go too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back