Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones!
May 29, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #76 of 903
Quote:
Why is everyone hating on these new headphones because they look bad? To me if they sound good then who cares? Everyone needs to stop hating/condemning these headphones before they have even auditioned them! I won't care if you talk trash about these headphones AFTER you have gave them a listen and you didn't like them but seriously people? Like Jude pointed out everyone was whining about how the HD800's looked and condemned them etc. etc. but after they were released and people got their hands on them and actually gave them a try a lot of them actually loved them and the look of the headphones grew on them . . . and now what do you know? The HD800's are actually a really well liked pair of headphones among a LOT of head-fiers and audiophiles in general.

I did think about that, but in the end, like I said. I am going off bias of the look here. I even accepted tha it will be a secret if it does sound good. But something with these looks in my opinion is disasterous to how and if I willy buy it.

....people condemed the sexiest tech headphones I have ever seen? I feel in love the moment I saw the HD800's.

Speak up if you feel in love with the asthetics of these [size=medium]
t(-_-t)​
[/size]

May 29, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #77 of 903
Quote:
I did think about that, but in the end, like I said. I am going off bias of the look here. I even accepted tha it will be a secret if it does sound good. But something with these looks in my opinion is disasterous to how and if I willy buy it.

....people condemed the sexiest tech headphones I have ever seen? I feel in love the moment I saw the HD800's.

Speak up if you feel in love with the asthetics of these [size=medium]
t(-_-t)​
[/size]

I saw my fair share of posts hating on the HD800's looks (I know that on this profile I have only been on head-fi for a few months but I used to have another profile).

May 29, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #78 of 903
Quote:
Why is everyone hating on these new headphones because they look bad? To me if they sound good then who cares? Everyone needs to stop hating/condemning these headphones before they have even auditioned them! I won't care if you talk trash about these headphones AFTER you have gave them a listen and you didn't like them but seriously people? Like Jude pointed out everyone was whining about how the HD800's looked and condemned them etc. etc. but after they were released and people got their hands on them and actually gave them a try a lot of them actually loved them and the look of the headphones grew on them . . . and now what do you know? The HD800's are actually a really well liked pair of headphones among a LOT of head-fiers and audiophiles in general. In my opinion sound should ALWAYS come before aesthetics people.

I'm hating on its looks, but not its sound. After all, at this point in time, anybody drawing a conclusion, prematurely as it may be, is doing so entirely based on either looks or brand recognition. It's just that some (or most) of us are not particularly fond of its design and have made our opinions known. I don't think anybody here has actually given the impression that looks are more important than sound. If they have, I might have missed their post.

May 29, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #79 of 903
Quote:
Why is everyone hating on these new headphones because they look bad? To me if they sound good then who cares? In my opinion sound should ALWAYS come before aesthetics people.

Differing opinions, mate. There will always be differing opinions.

As for the updated photos from Jude, I'd say they look better than they do in the promo pictures, but I'm still fairly unsure about the looks. I can confidently say they look nowhere near as good as the D7000's, but they aren't quite as bad as the stock photos suggest.

However, the headphone in the last pic (black and blue) looks purely and completely *awful*.

May 29, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #81 of 903
Any guesses on how many pages this thread will reach untill they are officially released??

I reckon.......... 243...

Plus, I don't know why but there's too many, well, 'beauty technicians' lurking around on headfi nowadays. Relax, i'm not complaining. Just saying.

May 29, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #84 of 903
I'm liking the look of the Artisan more and more. Love the colour scheme. From the bottom they look very nice, it's the side bit that leads up to the headband that looks rather ugly. I'm surprised at the general response though. So many times I've heard "who cares how it looks, as long as it sounds good" 
rolleyes.gif

From the pictures I get the impression that it'll feel very comfortable and luxurious on the head. The price is rather high unfortunately

May 29, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #85 of 903
Quote:
Any guesses on how many pages this thread will reach untill they are officially released??

I reckon.......... 243...

Plus, I don't know why but there's too many, well, 'beauty technicians' lurking around on headfi nowadays. Relax, i'm not complaining. Just saying.

Well i like the Denon AH-D600 because it looks Awesome but is that a bad thing no as its good if a product has a great look to it so i think they can compete with Beats by Dre in look IMO

May 29, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #86 of 903
smiley_thumb.gif
  I'm with Taowolf51 on this one! A small image of the 7100 will accompany the definition of "Polarizing" in the Online Dictionaries. Some moons have passed and I still don't care for the aesthetics of the HD800.

What's more, now we know (speculating should be fun... and an art!) what drove the happy couple apart - direction over design. Clearly, Foster/Fostex would have none of it! 
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #87 of 903
Quote:
From the pictures I get the impression that it'll feel very comfortable and luxurious on the head. The price is rather high unfortunately

That's MSRP, though.  The D7000s cost $1000 MSRP, but the street price is $6-700, as with the Koss ESP-950.  I'm sure these will go down soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back