Denon headphones.
Feb 8, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #46 of 62
My D2000/Gilmore Lite setup is still sounding a bit closed and veiled but I barely have 10 hours on them. At the risk of being told to use the search function (he, he), what's a rough estimate on burn-in time for this combo before they start opening up?

Feb 8, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #49 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pataburd, I remember that you're a long time user of the D5000. Have you heard the modded version of your can?

No. To tell you the truth, I'd be more interested in hearing the recabled, woodied D2000! : )

Feb 8, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #50 of 62
Thanks for the burn-in recommendations...I'll keep you posted on what I notice after the prescribed number of hours!

Feb 9, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #51 of 62
Feb 9, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #53 of 62
At the risk of being stoned by the Grado masses, YES. I understand that the RS1's are different from the Signature of the GS1k's so I'll have to leave them out, But I just love the overall spaciousness and smooth delivery of the Denons. In fact I sent them off to be tried by some Head-fier's at a little mini-meet so I'm missing them right now. The Grados were full sounding but a bit nasal in the mids and although I was accused of not amping them correctly, the general signature left me wanting to take them off.
I have a very eclectic lsit of genre I listen to. Everthing from Old 70's Wayne Newton to Plain White T's and pretty much everything except rap in between, so the acoustics that the Grados are so renowned for where availlable. I just didn't feel it.

Feb 9, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #54 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. To tell you the truth, I'd be more interested in hearing the recabled, woodied D2000! : )

This is such a dilemma though because while I intend to do those steps with my D2000 eventually, I wonder if it will be better to just upgrade to D7000 since the price will be around the same?

Feb 9, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #59 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get the 5000's and mod them. They're the only Denons availlable for less than full retail right now anyway.

I already have mine recabled with D5000 cables and markl modded but thanks anyway!

All in due time I hope, after a proper DAC and amp.

Feb 9, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #60 of 62

Users who are viewing this thread

Back