Denon D7100?!
Sep 9, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #886 of 1,920
Quote:
My neck is pretty thick due to workout but even with LCD2 I often lay down on my pillow to reduce frontal clamping and the weight.

The new cables are less than half the weight of the cables that shipped with the first few months of 2.2's, and over time the pad gets squished.  It might do you well to get a new cable and pads.

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #887 of 1,920
Quote:

I didn't say $900 but more like low $900, I just checked and it's $909.95 (2012, Sep 09).
And in Canada it's $929.25.

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AH-D7100-ManiacTM-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0092UUZRC/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1347198243&sr=8-10&keywords=denon+ah-d7100

This isnt sold by Amazon its a third party seller - thats the point I was trying to make - I would never purchase a new headphone from a non-authorized seller. Sunset Electronics is not authorized for Denon as far as I could find out..

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #888 of 1,920
Quote:

Yes, I like Denon AH-D7000 better than LCD2 mainly because it's more comfortable to wear.  HD800 is also better than LCD2 when you consider both the sound quality and the comfort. :)
My neck is pretty thick due to workout but even with LCD2 I often lay down on my pillow to reduce frontal clamping and the weight.

ditto here - same feelings regarding the LCD2s and HD800s/D7000s

Sep 10, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #889 of 1,920
Quote:
I just got my LA 7000 Lite in the mail this week. Pretty sure that is my favorite headphone now. Man the D7000 certainly is beautiful....but jesus the LA 7000 with the Silky Oak cups are jaw dropping! I can certainly see the D7000 going up in price though. I'm sure you were just joking when you talked about it ever being like the R10 (figured with the smiley) lol. I can see it getting back up to full retail like $1000 bucks, and tbh...after owning them...I would pay $1000 for em. I know a few people I have spoken with on this forum say they like them better than the LCD 2's, which is also around that price range, so I don't think that it is unreasonable.

I definitely prefer my full LA7000 to my LCD-2 r1.  The only area where the LCD-2 beat the LA7000 is in the bass speed and detail, and the LA7000 aren't bad in that area, just not as good.

Sep 10, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #890 of 1,920
Comfortwise I certainly have to agree here, I find the LA7000 very comfortable to wear and the LCD2 r.1 I had uncomfortable.

SQ wise I'd say this shows how we all perceive the sound differently. The LA7000 is the best phone I heard so far (not counting the L3000 for rock, mostly of the harder varieties) and probably to be beaten by the TH900. The LCD2 r.1 I had was completely on the other side. I never heard anything sounding that bad: compressed, dull and lifeless. After having owned them for a few months I scrapped any orthos from my wishlist. Just my opinion of course.

As said, I do wonder how the TH900 will sound (and hope it will soon be readily available here in Europe) and I am waiting for my pair of D7100 to come in. I'm not expecting much from the D7100 but a nice opportunity presented itself so I took the chance to give them a try. One never knows. If it doesn't work out they will be replaced by the TH900 and D600.

Sep 10, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #891 of 1,920
Quote:
Comfortwise I certainly have to agree here, I find the LA7000 very comfortable to wear and the LCD2 r.1 I had uncomfortable.

SQ wise I'd say this shows how we all perceive the sound differently. The LA7000 is the best phone I heard so far (not counting the L3000 for rock, mostly of the harder varieties) and probably to be beaten by the TH900. The LCD2 r.1 I had was completely on the other side. I never heard anything sounding that bad: compressed, dull and lifeless. After having owned them for a few months I scrapped any orthos from my wishlist. Just my opinion of course.

As said, I do wonder how the TH900 will sound (and hope it will soon be readily available here in Europe) and I am waiting for my pair of D7100 to come in. I'm not expecting much from the D7100 but a nice opportunity presented itself so I took the chance to give them a try. One never knows. If it doesn't work out they will be replaced by the TH900 and D600.

Now this i want to hear. A comparison from you would be much appreciated.

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #892 of 1,920
A comparison between the LA7000 and D7100 I assume?
I should get the D7100 this week, hopefully, if it doesn't get stuck in customs too long.
It's coming from Switzerland, never had any shipments from there so no idea if it will go fast or not.
Coming from overseas it's usually a pain.
My LA7000 is gone since last week so an A/B will be impossible. But it's still vivid in my memory.
The whole plan is to move to the TH900 eventually with a D600 on the side for non-music purposes.
I'll keep you updated.

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #894 of 1,920
Sorry if this has already been discussed, sorry if I missed it-- but has anyone posted a thorough review of a sound quality comparison between the D7000, the D7100, and the Fostex TH900?

Also, it's interesting that Denon is designating this new one as '7100'-- not '8000' or '9000'-- in keeping with their prior evolution (D2000--> D5000--> D7000). Makes me wonder if they have another model in the works as part of that evolution.

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #896 of 1,920
Finally, finally got to audition these in a quiet environment with decent gear (McIntosh MA6600 IA HP out). I have to say, these are the worst, as in most awful, full-size headphones I've ever heard over $300. That includes their "lesser" brother the D600 and Beats Pros. They have muddy, distorted bass, distorted and colored mids, and pitchy, distorted highs. One word to sum these up: Distortion. Lots of distortion, which combined with the overabundance of bass, makes for a rather expensive pair of fart simulators.

These are the Pontiac Aztek of headphones, and look what the Aztek did to that company. The only way I'd have them is if someone gave them to me for free, so I could take them apart and see if there's some way I could perhaps salvage them. But then, I'd have to look at them and that would be just too much to bear.

Oh, another word to describe the D7100s: Wretched.

Sep 23, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #898 of 1,920
Quote:
Finally, finally got to audition these in a quiet environment with decent gear (McIntosh MA6600 IA HP out). I have to say, these are the worst, as in most awful, full-size headphones I've ever heard over $300. That includes their "lesser" brother the D600 and Beats Pros. They have muddy, distorted bass, distorted and colored mids, and pitchy, distorted highs. One word to sum these up: Distortion. Lots of distortion, which combined with the overabundance of bass, makes for a rather expensive pair of fart simulators.
These are the Pontiac Aztek of headphones, and look what the Aztek did to that company. The only way I'd have them is if someone gave them to me for free, so I could take them apart and see if there's some way I could perhaps salvage them. But then, I'd have to look at them and that would be just too much to bear.

lol "the headphone equivalent of a Whooppie Cushion" :wink:.

Sep 23, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #899 of 1,920
Quote:
Sorry if this has already been discussed, sorry if I missed it-- but has anyone posted a thorough review of a sound quality comparison between the D7000, the D7100, and the Fostex TH900?

Also, it's interesting that Denon is designating this new one as '7100'-- not '8000' or '9000'-- in keeping with their prior evolution (D2000--> D5000--> D7000). Makes me wonder if they have another model in the works as part of that evolution.

Sorry, that evolutionary line is dead. Denon used Fostex drivers in the D2000--> D5000--> D7000 and due to a difference of opinion between those companies Fostex is no longer supplying drivers to Denon.

Sep 23, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #900 of 1,920
Quote:

eek.gif
 What an indictment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back