DENON D7000 revealed, impression and pics here
Aug 15, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #31 of 131
Interesting. Does it have the "boringness" of the Senns? Not a fan of the dark sound either. But considering the hyper inflated prices of the L3000, sounds like the quality of the bass may actually make it a bargain.

Can't wait till they circulate, so that I can have a listen.

Aug 15, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #32 of 131
Nice impressions! Thanks for the write-up.
L3000.gif

Aug 15, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #33 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by G-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering about that, but the price drop is unlikely. it is not a replacement, a higher end model. this may not be a good comparison, but as far as i am aware, none of the ultrasone's dropped in price when the ed.9 was released. Also, the denon's have been dropping in price over the last few months. prices have already decreased quite a lot.

No sir... the prices have actually gone up since they were released. When I got my D5000 from Amazon, I got them for $497. Now you can't get them for much under $700. The D2000 could also be had for about $270 but now no less than around $350. More demand now, so prices went up!
L3000.gif

Aug 15, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #35 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No sir... the prices have actually gone up since they were released. When I got my D5000 from Amazon, I got them for $497. Now you can't get them for much under $700. The D2000 could also be had for about $270 but now no less than around $350. More demand now, so prices went up!
L3000.gif

from where? $700? that must be a temporary hike in price due to shortage. i have seen prices for around 400 quite easily in the USA, just with shipping etc, to the uk, the prices get higher. I really have not seen one place with 700.

Aug 15, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #36 of 131
Quick PS to #15 above:

The upside to that glossy finish is that durability is increased, of course. And there will be no erasing the letters. So, the looks take a minor hit, but durability goes way up. Not a bad trade off!
wink.gif

Now, Sasaki, is that real leather (for the leather jacket price)?

Aug 15, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #37 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So my first impression was something like an L3000 blended with Senn.

that sounds nice.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 16, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #38 of 131
Sorry the response being late. The post was one hour past mid-night for us
smily_headphones1.gif

> <edit>I guess you can't write words with the letter s. h. i. and t. in them </edit>

LOL, Yes this forum software does not accept such four letter words. This is inconvenient for entering Japanese names at times.

> Off topic, but you have cool hair!

Sorry this is not mine
smily_headphones1.gif

> Did they fix the screw issue?

I am not so sure but the sales material states D7000 employs a twist-resistant cable.

> How about the issue with the pivot joints failing and the cups falling off the headband?

I do not know that, sorry. But I think most parts are almost same to D5000 except pads or housings.

> How is the bass compared to D5000? (talking about which one have most bass, is it more tight or more boomy?). Is the bass deeper too?

I did not feel the bass is overwhelming nor pronounced. I just felt it's huge and deeper rather. The overall balance was not bad, not to say dead flat.

> Do you know if the cans you tried had some burn-in?

Not sure, but I think it was not burnt in.

> do you think the overall dark sound comes from the bass excess or for the treble being a bit more recessed than on the D5000?

In my opinion, it is come from stronger magnets. It lowered the efficiency I think. Treble is not recessed nor rolled off I think. Highs are good.

> Slightly forward and laid back at the same time??

I felt it as laid back mainly, far from my ears. It was not a front row sound.

> Are the ear pads still synthetic, or do did they move up to real leather?

I think it is not real leather but I am not exactly sure.
It is fairly comfortable anyway.

> Does it have the "boringness" of the Senns?

I use Senn for overall darker impression but the D7000 is lively and not slow cans I think.

Aug 16, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #39 of 131
Boy I can't wait until Mark gets his hands on them. lol I have already pm'd him about the D5000, but I wanted to wait until the D7000 came out. And I'm glad I did. Mark, get your hands on these things asap so I can give you some business.
biggrin.gif

From the recent pics I've seen, they looked very identical to the D5000, but they stand out a little more in the pics you've provided.

Aug 16, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #40 of 131
Wow D7000s. Can't wait to hear more impressions.

Aug 16, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #45 of 131
Hey Sasaki when you refer to the "senn" sound, are you referring to the 650s or 600s?

I smell a new flavor of the month
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back