DENON D7000 revealed, impression and pics here
Sep 12, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #106 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I would like to do that! Not going to happen, though, I don't think. Too much money for the D7000, and their very low impedance makes them a poor choice for my tube amps.

Perhaps Nate's "Menace" will be able to remedy your situation.

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #107 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I would like to do that! Not going to happen, though, I don't think. Too much money for the D7000, and their very low impedance makes them a poor choice for my tube amps.

It seemed to me that your sig carried MD5000 sometime, did not it? Was it Deluxe (Jena recabled) version? May you compare it to DeepDarths?

Sep 12, 2008 at 10:44 AM Post #108 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sound of D7000 is noticeably darker, deeper and laidback.

<sigh> It sounds like the D7000s aren't for me, then.

And I was really looking forward to them, too, since I liked the D5000s so much.

The problem is, what I really liked about the D5000s was that they are a bit brighter than the DT770s that I'm currently using. Another dark sounding headphone is not what I need.

Sep 12, 2008 at 1:34 PM Post #109 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robonaut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<sigh> It sounds like the D7000s aren't for me, then.

And I was really looking forward to them, too, since I liked the D5000s so much.

The problem is, what I really liked about the D5000s was that they are a bit brighter than the DT770s that I'm currently using. Another dark sounding headphone is not what I need.

That's just one review. There is another review here

Photos: Exclusive ears-on with Denon AH-D7000 headphones - Crave at CNET.co.uk

"So far we've been able to give the D7000s about 50 hours of burn-in, so their voice could still change ever so slightly. But over the D5000s they have a slightly tighter upper bass, and an even cleaner, brighter, more transparent high-end.

Listening to some Eva Cassidy, the D7000s so far seem to yield a more enjoyable, more detailed treble, with noticeable improvements over the D5000s in terms of detail, without becoming at all shrill. Everything remains beautifully tight and relentlessly powerful and clean, and Denon's signature bass performance is still present. Some drum 'n' bass from Pendulum still sounded as epic through these as through the D5000s, but with a little less of the 'boominess' the D5000s were occasionally criticised for. "

We'll have to see. According to bluetin they will start shipping in Japan on the 15th. No clue what the US ship date is, but I hope it is not too far after that.

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:45 PM Post #110 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps Nate's "Menace" will be able to remedy your situation.

No, it won't - I don't have a "situation"
biggrin.gif
I like the amps and headphones I currently have a LOT. This would have just been for the fun of it, but I'm not buying a new amp just so I can try out the new Denons!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seemed to me that your sig carried MD5000 sometime, did not it? Was it Deluxe (Jena recabled) version? May you compare it to DeepDarths?

I just did a review of the MD5000.

Sep 12, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #113 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by fcmk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you think Denon's older models could get a price cut because of the D7000?

Not really... even the street price of the D7000s is sufficiently greater that it will have little impact on their other phones prices.

Though... there could be a short-term rush by a few buyers, who also want to sell their D5000/2000s at the same time - so, just the temporary "rush" to the D7000, could result in a temporary "excess supply" of used D5000/2000s that might drive their prices down for a short while, but not long term.

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #114 of 131
So how is the soundstage on the D-7000 now that its in the same price range, should I get JVC DX1000 or these. Trying to get a good music headphones that kinda prioritizes movies/gaming.
:O

Sep 16, 2008 at 7:30 AM Post #116 of 131
Amazon.co.jp is showing the D7000 as going on-sale in Japan on September 30th with a price of 88,000 yen.

I cant wait to take these for a test-listen.

Sep 18, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #118 of 131
Some bad news for all anxiously awaiting the D7000...

I just got a call from one of our suppliers and it turns out the first batch of D7000's won't make the initial release (it was supposed to come out around September 18th-19th in Japan). It looks like the next batch is due in Japan sometime in October.

Additionally of note, the MSRP is quite different between the US, Japanese, and European markets, with the US having the cheapest MSRP at $999.00, Japan next with a ¥126,000 MSRP, and the UK getting the shaft with a £800 suggested retail price.

Sep 18, 2008 at 8:51 AM Post #120 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by onocentaur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bugger. What happened? Mass QC fail?

Let's hope they get all these ear cups screwed back on their headbands again in time for the new release date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back