Denon AH-MM400
Jul 19, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #1,066 of 1,435
about the high frequencies, I did a sweep test and found that 7.5khz tends to peak about 3dB. Use an EQ to decrease this region by 3dB and you should be good
 One of my friend who are doing A/B/C testing come to same conclusion, he added that he think higher frequency of Denon is a little more fatigues, like the higher frequency is peak-ing, in comparison to GM. 

Jul 23, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #1,068 of 1,435
I have a question. What is your favourite case for Denon AH MM400? i tried Brainwavz and it completely felt apart in a month. I bought Sentey case for foldable phones but it barely offers protection and is too snug. Have you tried GOcase type c or Slappa? Thanks.

Jul 23, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #1,069 of 1,435
This is what I use. I don't use it for travel more than few times a year, but its holding just fine. http://m.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Case-Pouch-for-Monster-Beats-Wireless-Studio-Solo-HD-Headphones-/222008296732?hash=item33b0b9c51c%3Ag%3A5IcAAOSwECZUnGnF&_trkparms=pageci%253A2e808b4d-5123-11e6-841e-74dbd1a08b97%257Cparentrq%253A19d545f91560a78702211f85fffeab51%257Ciid%253A21

Aug 1, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #1,073 of 1,435
Well, just in case if anyone's looking for a pair in pretty much mint condition, I'm selling a pair at 200 USD + 4% for PayPal fees with free shipping. 

I don't find myself using these that often even though they do sound great. In all, these have been used for less than 5 hours and in the house. No smoke and no pets.

I am only shipping to and from the United States.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/810913/last-price-drop-denon-ah-mm400-onkyo-es-fc300-audio-technica-ath-ckr10

Aug 1, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #1,074 of 1,435
  Well, just in case if anyone's looking for a pair in pretty much mint condition, I'm selling a pair at 200 USD + 4% for PayPal fees with free shipping. 

I don't find myself using these that often even though they do sound great. In all, these have been used for less than 5 hours and in the house. No smoke and no pets.

I am only shipping to and from the United States.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/810913/last-price-drop-denon-ah-mm400-onkyo-es-fc300-audio-technica-ath-ckr10

Great price! Too bad you won't ship to Canada. Then again, I really don't need to spend more money on headphones lol!

Aug 1, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #1,075 of 1,435
  I have an audiophile shop down on my street and I auditioned Audioquest Nighthawk for about 8 hours using their own amps. Very revealing and transparent and feather light on your head but it was very cold and sterile. It reminded me a lot to the higher end models of Beyerdynamic. Not my cup of coffee. By my opinion it requires serious amp and DAC with good EQ to sound its best.

Wow, that's the first time I've ever heard the nighthawk's described that way! My experience (and most people's if you read the NH thread) is quite the opposite.

Aug 3, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #1,076 of 1,435
I was wearing my Denons and the headphone headband snapped all the sudden from the pressure on my head I suppose.  I sent them back and received my money back.  Luckily, for me, it happened when I could get my money back still.  I think I am going to remove my review of these headphones as I don't think I will be buying from this company again, it could just be a defective product.  I ordered some Ultrasone Performance 880's and am quite pleased with them overall.

Aug 3, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #1,078 of 1,435
  I was wearing my Denons and the headphone headband snapped all the sudden from the pressure on my head I suppose.  I sent them back and received my money back.  Luckily, for me, it happened when I could get my money back still.  I think I am going to remove my review of these headphones as I don't think I will be buying from this company again, it could just be a defective product.  I ordered some Ultrasone Performance 880's and am quite pleased with them overall.

I sent my AH-MM400 back, twice.

The second set is new as they do a 1-to-1 exchange for defective headphones from the service centre.

Both had issues with the left side having this noisy "tapping" every time in low freq like bass notes.

The first one was so bad, I brought it back to the shop, had them tested.

The staff said imbalance channel and left side had distortion.

Second time, it occurred recently and its just that particular noise.

Aug 4, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #1,080 of 1,435
Shame that you two (above) had a bad experience with these. Had mine for a month or so now and they've been fine slung in a bag on my commute - even surviving a motorcycle crash! I'll give you that the headband would be my choice of the weakest link if I was pressed to choose one, but on the whole Denon are generally known to have decent build quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back