Denon AH-D2000 in the house
Jun 6, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #331 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone kindly post a clear picture of the D2000 cables? After reading about them, I still don't have a clear idea of why they're so bad.

Ever get a rat's nest backlash on a fishing reel?
Start there....
rolleyes.gif
eek.gif
blink.gif

Jun 6, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #332 of 933
Sorry, I've only gone fishing once in my life and have never had that experience. Pics would really be best here, if it's not too much trouble. Thanks!

Jun 6, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #335 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I couldn't stand the shoelace cable anymore so I recabled mine. Everyone should do it, it costs almost nothing.

Please excuse this novice question, but does recabling the D2000/5000 require soldering or are they plug-in connectors a la Senn 6xx?

thanks and best,

o

Jun 6, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #336 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by orkney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please excuse this novice question, but does recabling the D2000/5000 require soldering or are they plug-in connectors a la Senn 6xx?

thanks and best,

o

it requires soldering, but the easy kind. should not take very long. solder joints make the best connection, so even for Senn 6xx personally i would still solder it.

Jun 6, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #338 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by tin ears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how did you take the heaphones apart to do the recable?

I unscrewed it. there are 8 screws total. start off by pushing the earcups and giving it a light twist, and they will come off.

Jun 7, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #339 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

tangled0pi6.jpg

tangled1wp6.jpg

tangled2dq9.jpg

Looks oh so familar except of the damaged part.
All the twists and curls when I take it out of a storage box .........
Is it the crappiest cable in the history of modern headphones?
Most probably.
Nevertheless I love these headphones, and that does say something.
I've sold headphones due to lesser flaws.
They aren't even really high end. In fact not even close.
I do have half a dozen technically more capable headphones at my disposal, but these are special in their own right.
They just feel so - right ......
That's rare.
All my hi-end cans get on my nerves from time to time and sooner or later I have to stay away from them for a few days.
The Denons do not.

Jun 7, 2007 at 11:18 AM Post #340 of 933
My D2000's have finally burned-in, and have launched themselves into "favprite cans status" -- unless my latest Darth Beyers can unseat them when they arrive (soon) -- but that will take some doing!
Like a closed version of (05) DT990 -- but slightly more detail, slighltly less harsh at top -- perfect!
Best thing I can say about the D2000 -- they don't do anything *wrong* -- they just do everything so *right* -- sound wonderful in every part of the frquency range. Smooth and detailed and fun all at once. Definite keepers at any price. And the D5000's are supposed to sound even better? And the Darth denons, too? Wow!
I sense a "collection" starting -- because I am NOT letting these go anywhere!
(Looks for wallet -- finds it hiding under bed, whimpering again....)

Jun 7, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #341 of 933
I have the D2000 on order from a store (will arrive friday next week hopefully) but after having seen pics of the cable I am beginning to have second thoughts.

Does anyone know if the cable on D5000 is any better (I don't mean SQ)? I can easily (forgive me, my poor wallet) change my order to D5000 if this means also getting a better cable. If the cable is about the same I'll stick with D2000 and save the money.

Jun 7, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #342 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamprologus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the D2000 on order from a store (will arrive friday next week hopefully) but after having seen pics of the cable I am beginning to have second thoughts.

Does anyone know if the cable on D5000 is any better (I don't mean SQ)? I can easily (forgive me, my poor wallet) change my order to D5000 if this means also getting a better cable. If the cable is about the same I'll stick with D2000 and save the money.

You would probably be better off to just recable them (or have someone else do it for you).

Jun 7, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #343 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamprologus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same, except internals.

Jun 7, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #344 of 933
The cables don't look TOO bad...looks like these will be a future upgrade, provided no better closed cans pop up a year from now. Thanks for the pictures, cotdt!

Jun 7, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #345 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same, except internals.

Thank's! No point in getting the D5000 for this reason then. I'll stick with D2000 then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back