Denon AH-D2000 in the house
May 30, 2007 at 12:27 PM Post #316 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielxm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, started my spending after subscribing in here.
Ordered K701, D2000, RSA the hornet and Turbodock + mini cables. Do you think i am on the rigth way??
smily_headphones1.gif
)) haha Will go bunkrupt!

Shall receive them up next week, keep you posted.

At least you'll have a decent sound quality - under the bridge.
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 30, 2007 at 1:07 PM Post #317 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At least you'll have a decent sound quality - under the bridge.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Should have unusual acoustics there!
eek.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #318 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not with Price Japan, unfortunately.

it's actually pretty easy to have your paypal account verified. as long as you have a savings/checking account and do online banking, all you have to do is just fill in the blanks. done. verified.

you do this with paypal itself and not with pricejapan.

just for clarification

Jun 3, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #319 of 933
How are the D2000s for gaming?

Jun 5, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #321 of 933
One question remains unanswered, or perhaps never asked before...

- How much fun the D2000 are? How's the "Groove Factor" compared to, say, DT-531 (The Groovalizer)? Dynamics? Impact?

- How do they go with Hard rock / metal?

- What about electronica? One thing I dislike K701 is that they actually do go well with most of electronic music, but not Kraftwerk. Fortunately, DT-531 do
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, the drum reproduction is one of the reasons I love the D2000. Drums (and vocals) are the most important part for me, so if drums don't sound great I tend to think less of a headphone.

That bit I like... Drums goood. Bassline goood.

Jun 5, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #322 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One question remains unanswered, or perhaps never asked before...

- How much fun the D2000 are? How's the "Groove Factor" compared to, say, DT-531 (The Groovalizer)? Dynamics? Impact?

- How do they go with Hard rock / metal?

- What about electronica? One thing I dislike K701 is that they actually do go well with most of electronic music, but not Kraftwerk. Fortunately, DT-531 do
smily_headphones1.gif
)

That bit I like... Drums goood. Bassline goood.

Speaking of PRaT, they are not the fastest headphones out there, somewhere on par with Zu recabled HD650, which is not bad actually, but not as dynamic as W5000 for instance.

Jun 5, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #323 of 933
O.K. finally, I'm in on the D-2000s @ $289shipped from Audiocubes today
wink.gif

Come on Denons baabbyyyys
smily_headphones1.gif
lol

Jun 6, 2007 at 11:03 AM Post #324 of 933
Would the Benchmark DAC1 be a good source/amp match for the D2000? One down point of the D2000 seems that it isn't as detailed and refined as other headphones in its price range. This is keeping me back from buying a pair from Audiocubes, but I'd really like a good bass-heavy headphone for electronica/dance music. What headphone(s) (less than $1000) would be a much more detailed version of the D2000/D5000?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvs_75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got mine today in the mail.
It’s too early to comment plus I only can compare to DT990 05” 600 ohm.
Anyway my plan is to burn in them for about 100h, while I am working on my amp, so when I recable D2000 with blue Cardas I could see how much an improvement I will get at the end.

Pricejapan rocks very fast shipping!

Happy listening!!!

Any impressions on D2000 vs. DT990 (vvs_75 or anyone else)?

Jun 6, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #325 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would the Benchmark DAC1 be a good source/amp match for the D2000? One down point of the D2000 seems that it isn't as detailed and refined as other headphones in its price range.

The D5000s are VERY detailed 'phones. I've moved to them from K701s and HD-650s and they cede absolutely nothing in the "detail" stakes to either of those phones in their stock configurations (I have a Saturn/Opera). What IS noticable is the presentational differences between these phones. The Denons are slightly more forward and narrow-focused than the 650s and lack the diffuse and wide SS of the K701s and no doubt there are all kinds of other differences on this order. But I'm bemused by those who describe these 'phones as "lacking detail." How? In what ways? When reliably compared to what? I've just been listening to the Be Good Tanyas' cover of "A Thousand Tiny Pieces" and I could tell that the lead vocalist a) had a cold at the beginning of the take and b) blew her nose before the final verse. I can hear whether a violin/cello is bowing up or down. The detail is there. But the differences in emphasis and presentation mean that the relative prominance (and perhaps individual dynamic) of notes/sounds will be different to the versions available via other phones. This has nothing to do with the phones' ability to retrieve detail and everything to do with the perceived level of detail we enjoy or miss as listeners, no? Anyway, sorry for the rant and happy listening,

o

Jun 6, 2007 at 1:03 PM Post #326 of 933
Agreed, I don't find the D5000's to be lacking detail in the LEAST. More detailed than my Senn HD580's, NO DOUBT.

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #328 of 933
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I'm interested in is how these respond to balancing. Don't think anyone has posted on this yet. Bigger question is who to trust with the job of recabling? Larry perhaps?

He probably knows as much as anybody about tweaking them.

Jun 6, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #329 of 933
My Denons just arrive from PriceJapan. Ordered on Sunday and they shipped on Monday. Got 'em....on Wed!!!
blink.gif
blink.gif
Now THAT'S service!! Congrats PJ!!

Anyway, I've got them running straight out of my MacBook Pro and listened at lunch. Pretty darned good right out of the box if I do say so. Still early but so far.....nice! Of course, I felt very positive about the GS1000's right out of the box, too. Time will tell I guess. One thing is certain though....these are some very comfortable cans. They rival and likely exceed the Sony CD3K which were at the top of my comfort list. Well done Denon.
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #330 of 933
Can someone kindly post a clear picture of the D2000 cables? After reading about them, I still don't have a clear idea of why they're so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back