Death Metal Discussion
Jan 11, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #602 of 650
I'm just listening to this band, i usually dislike Melodic death, but their only album is decent...and what's more...free. Ordinary stuff, some harsh vocals over melodic keyboard and guitar riffing, some good solos

.:: www.dawnoftears.com ::.

Jan 13, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #603 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just listening to this band, i usually dislike Melodic death, but their only album is decent...and what's more...free. Ordinary stuff, some harsh vocals over melodic keyboard and guitar riffing, some good solos

Interesting...kinda Thrashy Goth/Death. Thanks for the pointer...

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #604 of 650
I discovered by accident an album I really like: Pungent Stench - Ampeauty

Early albums I don't really like much by PS, typical grind........ but like Carcass - Heartwork later albums slowed down and have melody, lots of variation in music. I have heard the name before, but didn't sound like a band I would like so I never looked into them

610N2KZDBCL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I have placed an order for used: Pungent Stench - Master of the Moral

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #606 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I discovered by accident an album I really like: Pungent Stench - Ampeauty

Early albums I don't really like much by PS, typical grind........ but like Carcass - Heartwork later albums slowed down and have melody, lots of variation in music. I have heard the name before, but didn't sound like a band I would like so I never looked into them

I have placed an order for used: Pungent Stench - Master of the Moral

Pungent Stench was never grind, AFAIK. I love those early albums. Same with Carcass. Everything before Heartwork is a classic.

Jan 15, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #607 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezkcdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pungent Stench was never grind, AFAIK. I love those early albums. Same with Carcass. Everything before Heartwork is a classic.

Carcass - I really like all work by them (except "reek of putrefication"), but Heartwork album adds more melody than previous work, I really like album Symphony of Sickness

Pungent Stench - early work like "caught buttering" 1991 didn't sound great to me compared to later 2005 Ampueaty and 2002 Masters of Moral, these are slower with much more melody and structure variation

Jan 15, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #608 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pungent Stench - early work like "caught buttering" 1991 didn't sound great to me compared to later 2005 Ampueaty and 2002 Masters of Moral, these are slower with much more melody and structure variation

It's one of my favorite dm albums of all-time. It just feel so dirty and crusty. I love that.

Jan 15, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #610 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, this is some really good stuff. Too bad it's only 128kbps
frown.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #613 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by japc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My favorite Carcass are Symphonies and Necroticism.

Yeh those are great albums, Carcass moves away from the grind sound of debut "reek of putrefacation" with more variation in sound and vocals.

Famous Heartwork album is actually a template for Mike Amotts group Arch Enemy formed after Carcass.............and I love Arch Enemy

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #614 of 650
Latest additions...Ithyphallic is not a bad album...however not as solid as AOTW...which i managed to buy as well,it's super rare,but i found a still sealed vinyl copy on ebay...still waiting for it.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back