Death Metal Discussion
Jan 16, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #616 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeh those are great albums, Carcass moves away from the grind sound of debut "reek of putrefacation" with more variation in sound and vocals.

Famous Heartwork album is actually a template for Mike Amotts group Arch Enemy formed after Carcass.............and I love Arch Enemy

Yes! I have the Arch Enemy "Black Earth" album and I like it. I too like the Carcass Necrotism album....I just don't own it yet...

Jan 17, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #617 of 650
Been listening to The Chasm lately. I love their style of death metal. Infused with a more classic metal sound then modern. Great riffs, trade-off solos, instrumentals, and epic songs.

Jan 17, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #618 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes! I have the Arch Enemy "Black Earth" album and I like it. I too like the Carcass Necrotism album....I just don't own it yet...

All Arch Enemy albums are great, best two for me are
-wages of sin
-rise of the tyrant
Angela Gossow debuts on "wages" album and assumes the throne of best female metal vocals, these are essential for any metal fan, I love AE!

I like all Carcass except debut "reek"

Ghoul
Acid Witch CD arrived today.........

Jan 17, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #619 of 650
Quote:

All Arch Enemy albums are great, best two for me are
-wages of sin
-rise of the tyrant
Angela Gossow debuts on "wages" album and assumes the throne of best female metal vocals, these are essential for any metal fan, I love AE!

I like all Carcass except debut "reek"

Ghoul
Acid Witch CD arrived today.........

Awesome Dark Angel... Hope you enjoy it! IMHO there are a few filler songs in there but as a whole I really like the album. Good change up from what is floating out there.

Jan 17, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #622 of 650
But... I like vanilla icecream...
frown.gif

Never liked Arch Enemy either. However, the voice of their female vocalist growling is sort of creepy sounding, it has something men cant mimick.

Jan 18, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #623 of 650
I love Arch Enemy for their sound but hate the singer. I mean she's hot but her voice. Eek no.

Children of Bodom would also be much better if Alexi would delegate the singing duties and just focus on his shred.

Jan 19, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #625 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghoul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been listening to The Chasm lately. I love their style of death metal. Infused with a more classic metal sound then modern. Great riffs, trade-off solos, instrumentals, and epic songs.

Mexican death metal?
confused_face(1).gif

Well there was good groups in South America, Amazon has a couple of thier albums with cheap MP3 downloads, might get 2004 " Spell of Retribution " I like that it is melodic and not just speed contest like many of the popular brutal technical DM groups

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #627 of 650
Quote:

Mexican death metal?
confused_face(1).gif

Well there was good groups in South America, Amazon has a couple of thier albums with cheap MP3 downloads, might get 2004 " Spell of Retribution " I like that it is melodic and not just speed contest like many of the popular brutal technical DM groups

Well true that Mexico isnt considered a hot bed for metal bands. The ones that I have found from there are usually pretty good bands.

Hope you enjoy " Spell of Retribution " album. The Chasm are a very underrated band IMHO.

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #629 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by japc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brujeria ?

Not familiar with them......

Ghoul is right that The Chasm sounds like classic melodic death metal from late 1980s and early 1990s......perhaps more influenced by early nordic school like Dismember, Entombed, Nihilist etc

I have the MP3 download of The Chasm - Spell of Retribution

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #630 of 650
Quote:

Not familiar with them......

Ghoul is right that The Chasm sounds like classic melodic death metal from late 1980s and early 1990s......perhaps more influenced by early nordic school like Dismember, Entombed, Nihilist etc

I have the MP3 download of The Chasm - Spell of Retribution

Brujeria was a kind of joke band started by some of the members of Faith No More. Check 'em out. They had a great song about the former Governor of California Pete Wilson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back