DEAD SPACE
Mar 7, 2009 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

Usagi

1000+ Head-Fier
Am I the only one man enough to admit that playing DEAD SPACE on the PS3 scares the **** out of me? Every time before turning on the game I think, "Do I really want to deal with all this stress?".

Mar 7, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 43
I am really loving Dead Space on PC. Probably the best atmospheric game I have played since System Shock 2.

And the audio is unbelievably good through the Stax Omega 2 (not bad with K1000 as well)
o2smile.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #4 of 43
Bloody scary as hell. But that's part of the fun, even though you don't care for anyone in the game, it still manages to be atmospherec enough that you start not wanting to go through the next door.

Mar 8, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #5 of 43
I didnt find it scary at all... You could tell when stuff was going to happen and there was always cliqued string glissandi.
Suggest you try Penumbra The Black Plague. Quite scary
wink.gif
edit: ps i mean really scary

Mar 8, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #6 of 43
Meh, I play in a darkened room on a 100" screen and headphones on which really helps with the atmosphere.

Mar 8, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #7 of 43
F.E.A.R scared me more, because you couldn't see what was happening to your side and around you.

Mar 8, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #8 of 43
I doubt it!
Games can be quite realistic, so I doubt you're the only one being scared of 'Dead Space'...

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #9 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
F.E.A.R scared me more, because you couldn't see what was happening to your side and around you.

FEAR was pretty good fun, but too short. I played through FEAR 1 and the expansion in less than 24hours worth of gaming.....

The little girl (Alma I think) is freakin because she pops up in the most unusual places. The other ghosts, not really, as you could always hear the radio static. Having said that, I did try playing FEAR once in complete darkness, and Alma's scariness was dramatically amplified.

I'm getting FEAR 2. Can't wait
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #10 of 43
How does an architect/engineer design a quarantine system and forget about the ducts and vents,.......honestly. It's like designing a solar-powered flashlight.

I just want to finish this game and move on to a good-old-fashioned, first person shooter; something where I don't have to fear that at any moment I'll be gang-raped by an overwhelming number of ill-tempered, grotesque, fleshless, lanky aliens.

Mar 8, 2009 at 10:37 AM Post #14 of 43
I prefer Unreal Tournament 3 to both. That bieng said i'm more of a casual gamer.

Mar 8, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #15 of 43
interesting, i havent seen or heard of dead space, but will look into it now, as i like atmospheric chilling games that make you scared

funnily enough the last game to give me physical chills all over and make the hairs on the back of my kneck stand up was, would you believe it, zelda: Ocarina of Time, on the N64, the courtyard full of undead, and the howling wind effects and their shreaking, i shudder just thinking of it!! :fear:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back