ddHifi TC28Cpro - continuously overcharge the phone or tablet... warning
Feb 5, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #16 of 23
Great to know. And it's dependable, not fickle with connection? (into the phone slot as some usb c devices can be) and charging issues etc... Will be using a Android phone in my use case.
It's pretty solid, I didn't experience any wiggle or disconnection.

Feb 5, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #17 of 23
Thanks ! That is what I thought but their tech support email response was confusing. It implied that a powered dongle was in view

So...

With this unit attached you can't play music without a power source coming in through the power port, correct ? In other words, it will only take signal from the phone's port but not any power ? Hope so as...

...My goal is: setting up dongles for success - to get the best sound in a home stereo. For that I believe I want: music signal alone (not mixed with power) from the phone and power coming from a brick or good PSU .
To try to accomplish this I have been using a USB hub and brick for power, but USB hubs take both signal and power from the phone and most of the power seems to come from the phone while the brick just relaxes. After 2-3 hours of listening my phone battery goes from 100 to 77 and brick from 100 to 99. So fail / fail: the brick and hub setup.

This ddhifi part sounds like what I'm looking for or am I missing something still ?

Can you link to iBasso cable please ?

Feb 5, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #18 of 23
Thanks ! That is what I thought but their tech support email response was confusing. It implied that a powered dongle was in view

So...

With this unit attached you can't play music without a power source coming in through the power port, correct ? In other words, it will only take signal from the phone's port but not any power ? Hope so as...

...My goal is: setting up dongles for success - to get the best sound in a home stereo. For that I believe I want: music signal alone (not mixed with power) from the phone and power coming from a brick or good PSU .
To try to accomplish this I have been using a USB hub and brick for power, but USB hubs take both signal and power from the phone and most of the power seems to come from the phone while the brick just relaxes. After 2-3 hours of listening my phone battery goes from 100 to 77 and brick from 100 to 99. So fail / fail: the brick and hub setup.

This ddhifi part sounds like what I'm looking for or am I missing something still ?

Can you link to iBasso cable please ?
What you need is something like this. There is a specific powerhub that you need to get which doesn't take from the phone

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hiby-fc6-r2r-dongle-dac-reborn.969134/page-7#post-17882915

@Polky74 explains it in that post and in case you need more details ask him there ...

Feb 5, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #19 of 23
Thank you. I have That powered hub too. For that company to be able to sell something that cheaply for a profit you know every bit of it is as cheap as they could possibly source. And for Chinese company that means really cheap. For that price you're buying a power supply a step down transformer and a foot and a half long USB cable ! I've listened to it I'm not so sure ... I think it adds a little bit of grit to the highs which is what you would expect if you're getting dirty power and I can't imagine that they can supply really clean power from that thing for that price, but I haven't had much experience with it yet. What I've been doing is polky74's aceele hub / power brick recommendation and it doesn't do what he or we thought it does. It might supplement the battery power from the phone a little bit with the brick but that's about all it does.
I'm trying to improve on that concept with either this DD Hi-Fi bit or the iFi products that I defender+ Plus and Isilencer+

Feb 5, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #20 of 23
Thank you. I have That powered hub too. For that company to be able to sell something that cheaply for a profit you know every bit of it is as cheap as they could possibly source. And for Chinese company that means really cheap. For that price you're buying a power supply a step down transformer and a foot and a half long USB cable ! I've listened to it I'm not so sure ... I think it adds a little bit of grit to the highs which is what you would expect if you're getting dirty power and I can't imagine that they can supply really clean power from that thing for that price, but I haven't had much experience with it yet. What I've been doing is polky74's aceele hub / power brick recommendation and it doesn't do what he or we thought it does. It might supplement the battery power from the phone a little bit with the brick but that's about all it does.
I'm trying to improve on that concept with either this DD Hi-Fi bit or the iFi products that I defender+ Plus and Isilencer+
Oh cool. Best wishes. Hope this DDhifi thingy does the job.

Feb 6, 2024 at 1:01 AM Post #22 of 23
You can also use it with the power input port empty.
As I already mentioned earlier, you can play music without a power source coming in through the power port. It behaves like a small USB hub with power input port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back