Dayzee - Flagship DAC from Geshelli Labs
Mar 31, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #16 of 27
Geshelli mention on their HP:

Initially the Zoofa and Dayzee will be released in US/Canada only. Freight Forwarding orders will not be accepted. Thank You!

Does someone know if this changes in the future, so we can order the Dayzee in Europe?
Thx
Geshelli is a very small family operation. Your best bet would be to email them directly and ask if they will sell you one (with your required voltage).

Apr 1, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #18 of 27
Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #19 of 27
IIRC, Geshelli mentioned a basic price of 1300$ in a YT video.
If this is right I am wondering about Dayzee's SQ in comparison to Geshelli's lower priced DAC and the same DAC chip with these Sparkos:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/geshelli-j2s-dac-and-sparkos-ss2590-yes.970743/
I think that’s about right for the base price with standard op amps and basic case. I don’t have a J2S to compare, but I do have an E70 Velvet with the same DAC chip, but only one of them (like the J2S) as opposed to the 2x chips in the Dayzee. I doubt the E70V is as good as a J2S in sound quality, but it is probably not miles apart. I am planning to do some more detailed comparisons, but life keeps getting in the way the past couple of weeks… The Dayzee is definitely superior to the E70V overall, but I haven’t listened to the E70V in a few weeks, so I will need to get them side by side to give more detail…

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:31 AM Post #20 of 27
I just got the pricing of the Dayzee by Sherri starting at $1300. They mentioned that all eight opamps are tied together, so I would have to replace all eight.
I thought initially it might be possible to replace only two standard mono opamps by SS2590 as I use only one set of RCA as output but this seems not to be the case.

Apr 2, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #21 of 27
Geshelli mention on their HP:

Initially the Zoofa and Dayzee will be released in US/Canada only. Freight Forwarding orders will not be accepted. Thank You!

Does someone know if this changes in the future, so we can order the Dayzee in Europe?
Thx

Why? That's an insular decision.

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:19 AM Post #23 of 27
I just got the pricing of the Dayzee by Sherri starting at $1300. They mentioned that all eight opamps are tied together, so I would have to replace all eight.
I thought initially it might be possible to replace only two standard mono opamps by SS2590 as I use only one set of RCA as output but this seems not to be the case.
I had the same question and that’s the same info I received. I think they are configured differently in this DAC. Each slot seems to have traces on the PCB to different pins on the op amps, so they may be performing different functions that are complimentary. Honestly way out of my depth on that, but based on the physical location of the op amps, it is not clear that any of them are associated with any particular output - they’re more in the middle of the board close to the DAC chips…

Apr 4, 2024 at 4:24 AM Post #24 of 27
I had the same question and that’s the same info I received. I think they are configured differently in this DAC. Each slot seems to have traces on the PCB to different pins on the op amps, so they may be performing different functions that are complimentary. Honestly way out of my depth on that, but based on the physical location of the op amps, it is not clear that any of them are associated with any particular output - they’re more in the middle of the board close to the DAC chips…
It would be nice if Geshelli shed some light on the opamp configuration with the SS2590 in the Dayzee.

Apr 5, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #25 of 27
They have said that they’ll definitely have plug and play sockets for the SS2590 to make them easy to drop in even if they aren’t selected during purchase, but I’m guessing that they’re using multiple channels in each of the 2 DAC chips for processing the one channel of audio (left or right), so they need the op amps to match to have balance… of course more detail is always appreciated if they’re able to share!
It would be nice if Geshelli shed some light on the opamp configuration with the SS2590 in the Dayzee.

Apr 15, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #26 of 27
They have said that they’ll definitely have plug and play sockets for the SS2590 to make them easy to drop in even if they aren’t selected during purchase, but I’m guessing that they’re using multiple channels in each of the 2 DAC chips for processing the one channel of audio (left or right), so they need the op amps to match to have balance… of course more detail is always appreciated if they’re able to share!
Did someone listen to the Dayzee at AXPONA?
Did someone get some info why they use eight opamps?
Thx

Apr 17, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #27 of 27
I don't think I've ever looked at a DAC and said, "Wow, that is a great looking DAC!" but Wow, that is a great looking DAC!
Going to be on the top of my list once I get a new AMP. I'm a sucker for wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back