Dapper for Mac updates: App to sync iTunes with your DAP
Dec 22, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #121 of 332
I really like dapper. I have a Sony nwzx-100. Having a little difficulty being able to use the Micro sd card. It can only read the internal storage or card stone time. I can't select the player only can read one card at a time option in dapper. When I click this the box won't stay checked. I believe my dap functions just like the a17 series Walkman.

Reach out at support.map-pin.com - I am comfident we can get the serting to stick :)

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #122 of 332
Jeremy,
I `m still having trouble with a new AK70 received for Christmas. I appreciate this has to be seen as a device in Finder. It is not however in finder I see both AK70 Internal Storage and AK70 SD Card as Generic File System (OSXFUSE) when Get Info is selected under .SMVolume within Finder. I have SyncMate Expert licensed installed and the Fuse update installed and Mount disc ticked. So far I have not been able to load the SD Card other than using syncMate alone via Syncmate with AK70 Connected. My Dapper has not given me the option to Control using Syncmate. I did raise a ticket on the 1st and added a screen shot which I cannot do here as a relatively new subscriber. I suspect as has been mentioned in this thread already it may be a Sierra Syncmate Fuse problem but remain frustrated. I suspect I might have to load direct to SDCard out of DAP just with Syncmate but hope I van use Dapper. Any advice would be appreciated, my ticket awaits a response. Thankyou Jim

Jan 7, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #125 of 332
  Dapper 2.67 has been submitted to the App Store. It includes fixes for SyncMate changes, for AK devices and a new button to automatically kill and restart Syncmate should it become an issue:

It would be great if we don't have to wait for Apple and we can just download the updates from your website. I just bought both Syncmate and Dapper to use with my AK70 and the experience has been poor until now. Sorry.

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #126 of 332
It would be great if we don't have to wait for Apple and we can just download the updates from your website. I just bought both Syncmate and Dapper to use with my AK70 and the experience has been poor until now. Sorry.

I highly recommend trying to sync direct to a card:

https://www.map-pin.com/dapper/using-astell-and-kern-playe.html

Astell and Kern (Unlike FiiO, Sony and others) still does not support "USB Mass Storage mode" which would allow them to show up natively in OSX as a drive. This is a limitation of OSX+Astell&Kern, and in fact is the reason I personally no longer use an AK device.

Its a very good idea to submit a ticket to AK asking for them to fix this and support USB Mass Storage Mode.

So, instead you have to rely on a middleman, SyncMate to try help get those disks showing.

If your music fits on an sdcard you can take out the middlemen of the AK and SyncMate and sync Much, Much faster.

Check out the video:

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #128 of 332
I highly recommend trying to sync direct to a card:

Astell and Kern (Unlike FiiO, Sony and others) still does not support "USB Mass Storage mode" which would allow them to show up natively in OSX as a drive. This is a limitation of OSX+Astell&Kern, and in fact is the reason I personally no longer use an AK device.

Its a very good idea to submit a ticket to AK asking for them to fix this and support USB Mass Storage Mode.

So, instead you have to rely on a middleman, SyncMate to try help get those disks showing.

If your music fits on an sdcard you can take out the middlemen of the AK and SyncMate and sync Much, Much faster.

Check out the video:

But taking out the SD card defeats the whole purpose for me. I just want to plug in the DAP and start syncing and charging. On your website you advertise with all the AK players, with the restriction of have Syncmate installed. It doesn't work. I can see the mounted drives but I can't select them in Dapper. So I assume it is Dapper. In Finder I can access them normally.

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #131 of 332
But taking out the SD card defeats the whole purpose for me. I just want to plug in the DAP and start syncing and charging. On your website you advertise with all the AK players, with the restriction of have Syncmate installed. It doesn't work. I can see the mounted drives but I can't select them in Dapper. So I assume it is Dapper. In Finder I can access them normally.

Yes, Syncmate changed their method of mounting drives. We fixed Dapper in the new version

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #134 of 332
Every so often I will repeat a request for those of you whose Android based DAPs do not show up natively on MacOS when you plug them in:

Submit a technical support request to your manufacturer (Astell&Kern, Onkyo) turn on "USB Mass Storage Mode". Other DAP manufacturers like FiiO and Sony support this, and by extension Mac users.

Without this we have to rely on SyncMate, a 3rd party, which introduces more cost for you as well as significant frustration since its essentially emulating disk drives. SyncMate and Android File transfer are not super reliable, and so you the customer suffer as a result.

Again: Astell and Kern as well as Onkyo need to turn on "USB Mass Storage Mode" in their android versions to support Mac.

Support.inc@iriver.com. For AK

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #135 of 332
Every so often I will repeat a request for those of you whose Android based DAPs do not show up natively on MacOS when you plug them in:

Submit a technical support request to your manufacturer (Astell&Kern, Onkyo) turn on "USB Mass Storage Mode". Other DAP manufacturers like FiiO and Sony support this, and by extension Mac users.

Without this we have to rely on SyncMate, a 3rd party, which introduces more cost for you as well as significant frustration since its essentially emulating disk drives. SyncMate and Android File transfer are not super reliable, and so you the customer suffer as a result.

Again: Astell and Kern as well as Onkyo need to turn on "USB Mass Storage Mode" in their android versions to support Mac.

Support.inc@iriver.com. For AK

Just sent them a message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back