Dapper for Mac updates: App to sync iTunes with your DAP
Jan 8, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #136 of 332
Jeremy
Thank you for your efforts and alerting me that Apple had the latest update on board. I succeeded in transferring a small playlist from a dapper directory to my AK70. It did seem to stall and I ejected after several hours though there were 8+ hours still to go. Immediate time to sd card given as 10 minutes but did not stop automatically. Transfer shown 476MB at 0.05Mb/s.
I think I shall take your recommendation of transfer direct to card via reader.
I have sent messages re usb mode incorporation to both iRiver and AK distributors in Europe.
My thanks to you again.
All best for 2017
James

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #137 of 332
I'm going to make a video detailing what exactly all the shenanegans are with MTP, SyncMate and Macs

If Apple would just support MTP wed be good.
If AK/Onkyo and others would support Mass Storage we'd be good.
If MTP didn't suck, Syncmate and us would be good.

Jan 11, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #138 of 332
Some interesting news:

I am working on a way to do syncing to android DAPs that support the Play Store.

Essentially using ES File Manager pro on Android and Transmit on OS X I have been able to sync wirelessly. Currently my testing shows this is slow, and I have an open ticket with Panic software who makes Transmit to fix,

If this all works, you'll be able to run ES File Manager Pro on the device and use Dapper+Transmit for a much faster WiFi sync.

Jan 11, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #139 of 332
Can I request a feature to "Don't delete" a special folder?  
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 12, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #141 of 332
Quick question. I have a Sony wm-zx100. It will only read either the built in or the sd card at a time, not together. Can I use multi dap mode to treat the built in storage and sd card as separate daps? Thanks.

Jan 13, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #146 of 332
Sometimes I share the Sd card with my Android Phone and it creates folders (Pictures, Android, Dcim, etc.) and when I put it again on the X5II and try to sync it the fiio Player always tries to remove these folders. :frowning2:

In Dapper, in the settings theres an option on the Customization tab for "Store all music inside a folder named" - - put the word Music in there and itll save all the music in a folder named Music, and itll ignore anything outside.

You can do the same for playlisst and have a plsylists folder.

Jan 21, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #147 of 332
i wanted to give syncmate and dapper a new try and now in dapper i cannot select the ak70's drives which are already mounted with syncmate. they are greyed out when i want to select them. in finder, the ak70's are readable and writeable. resetting dapper did not help. any suggestions?

i'm using the latest dapper, syncmate and fuse versions.

Jan 21, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #148 of 332
  i wanted to give syncmate and dapper a new try and now in dapper i cannot select the ak70's drives which are already mounted with syncmate. they are greyed out when i want to select them. in finder, the ak70's are readable and writeable. resetting dapper did not help. any suggestions?

i'm using the latest dapper, syncmate and fuse versions.

Thats strange.

Can you open a terminal (Apps->Utils->Terminal) and type:
cd ~/.SMVolumes/
pwd

This will print out the full path to the SMVolumes folder - can you post that here (or better yet on my support site)

Eg:
rtp-jlaurens-8816:~ jeremylaurenson$ cd ~/.SMVolumes/
rtp-jlaurens-8816:.SMVolumes jeremylaurenson$ pwd
/Users/jeremylaurenson/.SMVolumes
rtp-jlaurens-8816:.SMVolumes jeremylaurenson$

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #149 of 332
In Dapper, in the settings theres an option on the Customization tab for "Store all music inside a folder named" - - put the word Music in there and itll save all the music in a folder named Music, and itll ignore anything outside.

You can do the same for playlisst and have a plsylists folder.

Great!!
I didn't knew this feature.
It's really cool to have the Playlist on the root folder and everything else on a different folder.
Thanks for your work. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back