Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Jan 30, 2024 at 6:27 AM Post #5,896 of 6,012
Which video on YouTube? I have a fresh set of pads here but I haven't gotten around to doing the swap yet. Any tips to share?

What i would do differently:
When swapping pads, put a sock over the other headphone element to prevent scratches.
Instead of pulling from the gimbal, try to pull from the top, glue was not as stuck there
Inset a plastic tool, or a finger in the crease you create and apply only slight force when removing,
so that the most or all of the glue will be removed with the pad.
I used a finger, but could have used a plectra.
The seam did not align with the cable insert, so don't try to force it there. It is slightly off.
Gently press the bottom and top parts down and check that sides align aswell.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 6:32 AM Post #5,897 of 6,012

What i would do differently:
When swapping pads, put a sock over the other headphone element to prevent scratches.
Instead of pulling from the gimbal, try to pull from the top, glue was not as stuck there
Inset a plastic tool, or a finger in the crease you create and apply only slight force when removing,
so that the most or all of the glue will be removed with the pad.
I used a finger, but could have used a plectra.

Thanks for the tips!

Mar 1, 2024 at 5:20 AM Post #5,898 of 6,012
😎

IMG_9941.jpeg

NOMAX

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #5,900 of 6,012
So now briefly to the CMA18 Portable

The workmanship as always at Qustyle level 👍
I was surprised by the form factor as well as the handling...very handy the little Q
With the Composer and Nutopia certainly for this few hundred great combos
He is also powerful enough for the Empyrean 2
Tonally, the little one follows the big one...no discolored sound
Bass/low End remain strongly contoured and retain their body.....Highs do not tend towards sibilance or greyness 👍

The negative for me with the little Q......for the DCA models in my signature, the power is far from sufficient👎

❗️My personal Conclusion❗️....a nice gadget for the easy-to-drive models for on the go at a small price but at the wrong time because the CMA18 Portable is what the community
have needed a few years ago

NOMAX

PS. However, if you are still looking for something like this, you won't be disappointed with the little one's performance 😎

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #5,901 of 6,012
So now briefly to the CMA18 Portable

The workmanship as always at Qustyle level 👍
I was surprised by the form factor as well as the handling...very handy the little Q
With the Composer and Nutopia certainly for this few hundred great combos
He is also powerful enough for the Empyrean 2
Tonally, the little one follows the big one...no discolored sound
Bass/low End remain strongly contoured and retain their body.....Heights do not tend towards sibilance or greyness 👍

The negative for me with the little Q......for the DCA models in my signature, the power is far from sufficient👎

❗️My personal Conclusion❗️....a nice gadget for the easy-to-drive models for on the go at a small price but at the wrong time because the CMA18 Portable is what the community would
have needed a few years ago

NOMAX

PS. However, if you are still looking for something like this, you won't be disappointed with the little one's performance 😎
How does the SP3000 handle the DCA models?
Also did you have a chance to Audition the SP3000T?

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #5,902 of 6,012
How does the SP3000 handle the DCA models?
Also did you have a chance to Audition the SP3000T?
As someone that owned SP3000 and Shanling M9+ (which I preferred over SP3000), I would recommend getting the Hiby R8 II. It can drive the DCA better and has very good system level DSP options:
1709309574138.png
1709309586408.png

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #5,903 of 6,012
As someone that owned SP3000 and Shanling M9+ (which I preferred over SP3000), I would recommend getting the Hiby R8 II. It can drive the DCA better and has very good system level DSP options:
1709309574138.png1709309586408.png
Do I see correctly, the Hiby can load convolution filters natively with a plugin?

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #5,904 of 6,012
Do I see correctly, the Hiby can load convolution filters natively with a plugin?
With limitations, but yes. Here. I think the limitations could be overcome with proper optimisations, but anyway. Their implementation...

PS: I personally never tried it, though.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #5,905 of 6,012
With limitations, but yes. Here. I think the limitations could be overcome with proper optimisations, but anyway. Their implementation...

PS: I personally never tried it, though.
How does the Alcantara feel on the back, I quite like the idea if that

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #5,907 of 6,012
Mar 1, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #5,909 of 6,012
Mar 1, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #5,910 of 6,012
All on System Level or part of their Player?
All Hiby DAPs do that on System level, on other DAPs only in Hiby Player but with reduced features due to lacking the Hiby architecture

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back