Dallas, TX - Sunday, June 1st, 2014 - "The Fickle Force of June" meetup
May 21, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #121 of 183
Hey AUSTIN troops, a couple of us will be driving up from Austin on Sunday morning and return in the afternoon, we have extra seats in the Minivan and will take riders, if you want to go respond here.

We will be bringing my new CCT3  no-feedback Class-A amplifier with us to shop (see Noisyscott's review of last week , expect to have another review before the meet.

May 24, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #123 of 183
I might take you up on the ride Barry, I'll talk with Scott, we work together. I was one of the lucky ones who was able to audition your amp, it's wonderful!

May 24, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #124 of 183
Thank you, if you want to join us the general plan is to meet up at a point on 35 up in Round Rock, drop your car off and join us, We will be going early (probably about 6:30 to get us there at 10, will be heading back 3-4), would love to have you aboard.  Details on Tuesday.  Thanks for listing to the amp.  See you then, Barry

barrythornton1@gmail.com

Send me a note with your name and phone.

May 24, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #125 of 183
Sounds good! I live near Round Rock so that works well for me!

May 24, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #126 of 183
Sweet, with the date change I will be able to make this. Incidentally my buddy in Dallas wants me to shoot a 3-gun on saturday, good timing. I'll be bringing audio-gd nfb 1.32+mjolnir+he-500, Denon AH-d2000, and Sennheiser HD-25 II(For sale if anyone wants it)

May 24, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #127 of 183
  Thank you, if you want to join us the general plan is to meet up at a point on 35 up in Round Rock, drop your car off and join us, We will be going early (probably about 6:30 to get us there at 10, will be heading back 3-4), would love to have you aboard.  Details on Tuesday.  Thanks for listing to the amp.  See you then, Barry

barrythornton1@gmail.com

Send me a note with your name and phone.

Looking forward to the trip north on the 1st.  Can I meet you in the Randall's parking lot just off 620?

May 25, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #128 of 183
I plan on bringing a (more modest than in Austin during January) mid-fi collection driven by an OPPO DV-980H, Onkyo C-7030 Compact Disc Player, O2 and Matrix M-Stage.  I haven't yet decided what cans to bring, but it will include an assortment of at least 5.

May 25, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #129 of 183
I've been freting about changing my username and realized I had two head-fi accounts, one with the username I wanted, so I'm abandoning "Indykun" and sticking with this one. Sorry about any confusion! (This is what happens when you lurk head-fi for 10 years and then suddenly decide to become active!

May 25, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #130 of 183
Hey, I'm bringing my attempt at a PM Starving Student hybrid can amp, which apparently has a short somewhere in it. If I can't get it up and running by them time the meet rolls around I'd appreciate it if y'all looked at it! I have pretty close to no idea what I'm doing, my dad helped me a ton on this.

May 26, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #131 of 183

Looking forward to the trip north on the 1st.  Can I meet you in the Randall's parking lot just off 620?

Would you guys consider the parking lot of Ikea at 1431? The only reason I suggest it is they have a parking garage where folks could leave their cars without worry. 

Just a thought :)

May 27, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #132 of 183
I know we are less than a week from the meet, but has anyone put together a list of potential headphones, amps, dacs, sources, etc.. that should be at the show? We use to do this back with Alex [AK]Zip put on his meets. So sad how things went with him. I always had great dealings with him and some good conversations as well. 

May 27, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #133 of 183
  Hey, I'm bringing my attempt at a PM Starving Student hybrid can amp, which apparently has a short somewhere in it. If I can't get it up and running by them time the meet rolls around I'd appreciate it if y'all looked at it! I have pretty close to no idea what I'm doing, my dad helped me a ton on this.

I guess I'll bring the tool box and a magnifier (it's tough getting old).
I used to bring a few tools to meets. Any symptoms to help narrow it down?

May 27, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #134 of 183
GS-X may not make it, but I'll have something else to try, the ECP Black Diamond.

Confirmed no GS-X2, and confirmed Black Diamond will be there (shipped today).

New Trader Joe's opening on the 30th just down at Lover's and Inwood I need to get some stuff while I'm near one (none in Oklahoma). Thankfully they have good Sunday hours and I can go after the meet.

So my list of stuff is as follows:

Cans:

HD800
HD600
K550
PortaPro

Audio Electronics:

ECP Black Diamond (amp)
Matrix X-Sabre (DAC)
Matrix M-Stage HPA-2 w/ USB DAC (DAC/amp)
Matrix Mini-I (DAC/amp)
Matrix Mini-I Pro (DAC/amp)

Sources:

Acer Win 8 Tablet (on X-Sabre/BD/HD800 + M-Stage - bring flash drive if you want your own music)
Rotel RDD-980 CD

May 27, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #135 of 183
laptop with Foobar
Audio-gd nfb-3 DAC
Pico DAC
ASL MG head and some tubes to roll
Marantz classic 1150 integrated amp
AKG Q701
Senn hd-650
Grado RS-1
Grado Ps-500
one toolbox with basic electronics tools and a staving student schematic
and a whole bunch of power strips/extension cords.

And maybe some tums. That dip is hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back