Dallas, TX - Sunday, June 1st, 2014 - "The Fickle Force of June" meetup
May 27, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #136 of 183
Ktm, wow its been a while. I bought my old pair of HF-1's from you. I miss those headphones!

I'm going to do my best to be there. I won't have much since I just started over.

Headphones...
Grado SR225I'S
Grado SR60'S
Grado HF-2's
Beyerdynamic DT1350 (original version) <- For sale is anyone is interested.
Sennheiser PX100-ii

Sources...
Macbook Air (late 2012) <-running Windows 7 Pro <- Foobar2000
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Onkyo DV-S939 Reference DVD/Audio Player <- For sale is anyone is interested.

Amp/DAC...
FiiO E18

May 28, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #137 of 183
I'll also see about bringing my $1200 Onkyo DV-S939 DVD player (I still cant believe my dad paid that much) to one more of these before I get rid of it to put towards either a pair of PS500'S, T1's or a WA6 - SE

May 28, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #138 of 183
Looks like I won't make it after all. Looking forward to hearing what people think and hopefully I can catch the next one.

May 28, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #140 of 183

Hey, I'm bringing my attempt at a PM Starving Student hybrid can amp, which apparently has a short somewhere in it. If I can't get it up and running by them time the meet rolls around I'd appreciate it if y'all looked at it! I have pretty close to no idea what I'm doing, my dad helped me a ton on this.

I guess I'll bring the tool box and a magnifier (it's tough getting old).
I used to bring a few tools to meets. Any symptoms to help narrow it down?
I've been PMing with Pete Millet about it and we MAY have it figured out, I just need to wait for my dad to come back in town to resolder the MOSFETs.
TL;DR, nothing works, tubes don't light, no sound comes through, I've figured out there's a short somewhere, likely in the way the MOSFETs are connected to the heatsinks.

May 28, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #141 of 183
The ps500's and the HF-2 are close enough that if you have one, owning the other is redundant.
I changed direction back to Grados from Stax. I still have some Stax, but they don't get much
head time. Most of that is comfort related. Just too clunky to wear.

I grabbed the starving student layout and schematic. I think there's enough skilled hands at the meet
to figure it out. I remember seeing the SS prototype at the meet many years ago. Pete was at
the Lone Star Audio fest.. He hasn't been to the DFW meet in a number of years.

May 28, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #142 of 183
Hey, any more takers from Austin to Dallas,

We will be bringing the  Austin AudioWorks CCT3 amp that you have seen reviews for on the forum.  

We leave at 6:30 from Lake Travis and will stop at the Ikea parking lot in Round Rock to pick a passenger, let me know on 512.266.7142 - Barry

May 28, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #143 of 183
I'll be there Barry. Looking forward to it :)

My gear is modest, but I will bring:

Fiio E10
Sony MDR-7506
Udac2
Little Dot MKIII
Beyerdynamic DT880
Samsung Series 7 Slate (source)

Cheers, 
Brad

May 28, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #144 of 183
Woo all packed and ready to go. Sorry, not bringing any vinyl this time around, too much of a hassle.
I'm bringing a PC W/foobar, a Modi, my trusty Kenwood amp, my Starving Student amp, V6's, and likely my Grados. I don't know if I'll put the walnut cups back on them, I've given them to my girl friend, but with the old cherry cups. I still have the walnut I just don't know if I want to move everything around...
If anyone has a Q701 I'd love to hear it.

May 28, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #145 of 183
Woo all packed and ready to go. Sorry, not bringing any vinyl this time around, too much of a hassle.
I'm bringing a PC W/foobar, a Modi, my trusty Kenwood amp, my Starving Student amp, V6's, and likely my Grados. I don't know if I'll put the walnut cups back on them, I've given them to my girl friend, but with the old cherry cups. I still have the walnut I just don't know if I want to move everything around...

I'll bring my Q701s.

Bring some cash if you want to buy them :xf_eek:P

May 28, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #146 of 183

I've got the bass-liberated q701's.

May 29, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #147 of 183
I might be in a financial position to buy them, how much are you asking?
Oh hold up a second, scratch that. I can buy them and I would, BUUUUUUUUT I just remembered I need to buy a new camera that I've been saving up for...

May 29, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #148 of 183
I might be in a financial position to buy them, how much are you asking?
Oh hold up a second, scratch that. I can buy them and I would, BUUUUUUUUT I just remembered I need to buy a new camera that I've been saving up for...

PM'd you juuuuuust in case!

May 29, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #150 of 183
Would it be even remotely worth it to bring my CD player? I dont know how many would be interested in hearing it. It sounds pretty nice considering how cheap I got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back